Pacman is one of the most infamous games from the 1980s. Its premise is simple: guide the yellow pearl gobbler around the maze and avoid the ghosts. It is a game that is ingrained in popular culture and one that does not appear to be attached to conventional temporal constraints, which makes the game just as relevant today as it was over 30 years ago.
An artist by the name of Dash Coleman has taken this beloved 80s icon and has re-imagined the ghosts that Pacman munches on to reflect popular characters from geek culture.
The results are really quite funky and if all of the licensing could be attained, it would make for one heck of a cool Pacman refresh. Namco, I hope you are listening and that you make this happen.
Can you name all of the geek culture icons who have been imagined as Pacman ghosts?
Geek Icons as Pacman Ghosts
Carmine (Gears of War)
Alex (A Clockwork Orange)
Super Meat Boy
Vincent Vega (Pulp Fiction)
Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction)
Roger the Alien (American Dad)
Henchman 21 (Venture Bros)
Brotherhood Soldier (Fallout)
NCR Soldier (Fallout)
Leonard (Ugly Americans)
Combine Soldier (Half-Life)
[Source: Dash Coleman]
- Bran the Broken will be at Comic Con Africa 2019 - 4 September, 2019
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Review: Fire-breathing Nostalgia - 3 September, 2019
- Lego Ideas Treehouse blooms sustainable bricks - 30 August, 2019
- LEGO Ideas Central Perk celebrates 25 years of Friends - 29 August, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint PC Specs Revealed - 29 August, 2019
- Control Review – Frustratingly Mysterious - 26 August, 2019
- Nerf MicroShots Fortnite TS Blaster Review – Pocket Sized Fun - 30 July, 2019
- The Boys Review – Exceptionally Fun Superhero Satire - 29 July, 2019
- Netflix The Witcher Trailer teases Geralt, Yennifer, Ciri & Monsters - 20 July, 2019
- Anthony Mackie confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2019 - 18 July, 2019