It may come as a surprise to like to some that Fortnite likes its crossover events. Epic began the tradition by crossing the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) with its hit battle royale title, and has continued with the unique events up until the most recent John Wick Fortnite crossover. Now the company is bringing the Dark Knight into the fold with a Batman Fortnite crossover, and it looks glorious.
2019 marks the 80th anniversary of the World’s Greatest Detective, and it seems that everyone wants to celebrate the Caped Crusader’s remarkable age. Epic is no different. While not all gamers are comic book geeks like us at Vamers, all gamers are, by and large, film buffs and cartoon fans. As such, Fortnite is getting a Batman crossover that will satisfy fans from all spheres of entertainment.
The Batman Fortnite crossover event unexpectedly popped up on 21 September 2019. Any and all game clients updated with the latest patch will notice how Fortnite’s iconic location, the Tilted Towers, is now Gotham City. There is even a new Caped Crusader Pack available as a cosmetic purchase in Fortnite’s in-game store. However, it is not just the bats who are getting all the love with this event – there is also a Catwoman Comic Book Outfit on the Item Shop, along with a bunch of free rewards and challenges, including an epic Catwing Glider.
Once a match has begun, players will notice how they have unlimited redeployment of their bat-themed gliders, so long as they are inside the Gotham/Tilted Towers area. Players also get to make use of the Batman Grapnel Gun and the Explosive Batarang, two of Batman’s iconic gadgets.
According to Epic, the 10-shot Grapnel Gun can be shot at a solid environment and will launch the shooter toward it. At the apex of the launch, the Bat Cape comes out and functions as a glider. The company says this works well as a way to get away from overbearing opponents. It also looks epic, so there is that.
The Explosive Batarang, on the other hand, is a homing explosive that causes 50 damage to players and 200 damage to the environment, which includes trees, walls, and all other destructible objects. It can be thrown into a solid environment, where it will also act as a proximity mine that can be disarmed by the thrower or their friends, and picked up by mining them.
Epic states that the crossover event is live to anyone on the 10.31 patch and that it will run until 6 October 2019.
- Miss Universe 2019 is a geek, and we love it! - 11 December, 2019
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York Review - 11 December, 2019
- What you should know about Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York - 11 December, 2019
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Review – entry-level enthusiast bliss - 6 December, 2019
- 10 International series on Showmax to end 2019 with a bang - 5 December, 2019
- Sony Alpha 9 II now available in South Africa - 5 December, 2019
- Turtle Beach 2019 festive deals ensure there is a headset for everyone - 5 December, 2019
- Fan builds custom Lightsaber Controller for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 5 December, 2019
- Buy Xbox games using Vodacom airtime – Simple and easy! - 5 December, 2019
- Top 10 Pokemon cut from Sword & Shield we will miss dearly - 5 December, 2019