Holy Robin’s casting news! Warner Brothers studios announced this morning that Ben Affleck will supersede Christian Bale as the new Batman.
Affleck becomes the eighth actor to portray The Dark Knight, following the recent likes of Bale, George Clooney, Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton.
The 41-year-old Oscar winning actor has signed up to portray the caped crusader in the recently revealed, yet unnamed, Superman and Batman movie that is scheduled for release in July of 2015.
The new movie will be directed by filmmaker Zach Snyder and will see Affleck star alongside Man of Steel stars Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Henry Cavill; each of whom will reprise their recent roles as Louis Lane, Martha Kent and Superman, respectively.
I think the casting news is great. Ben Affleck is a talented, good looking and award winning actor who I think will be able to pull off the subtle nuances of an older Batman who has seen and been through it all. Of course I say this with total disregard to his portrayal of Daredevil because, as Twitter will never let you forget, everyone makes mistakes.
What do you think, is Affleck the right choice for the new Batman? Vote below and feel free to voice your opinion in the comments.
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019
- Medievil Review – Sir Daniel Fortesque is back with a vengeance - 23 October, 2019
- Mini Motorways Review – Engrossing traffic planner - 26 September, 2019
- Three Reasons why Nespresso is best for Gamers - 17 September, 2019
- Win Comic Con Africa 2019 Tickets with Vamers and KFC - 16 September, 2019