Bethesda Softworks and id Software are at it again with Quake Champions. This time, the companies revealed the tank-like brute of a character, Scalebearer. This is pretty much the polar opposite of the last character they revealed, Nyx.
Bethesda explains that “[the] warlord of the marauding Greiss plundered the technology of countless worlds to strengthen his armies”. Sounds pretty badass to me! However, it seems as if the Greiss were defeated by a “reclusive, phase-shifting race”, which led to Scalebearer’s exile. Sounds familiar, does it not? I would say that the phase-shifters mentioned could be some of Nyx’s people, no? I digress.
Apparently Scalebearer is obsessed with vengeance, which is why he went in search of and found an ancient power source. This ancient power consumed him, and made him vanish… but now he is back!
Scalebearer’s starting statistics are still up for debate, but thanks to the trailer we know what his two abilities are. Bull Rush, Scalebearer’s active ability, will let him charge head-on at foes, clobbering them with full-force attacks. His passive ability, Heavyweight, allows him to use his extra weight to crush his enemies. A well-timed rocket jump can lead to a crushing landing, killing any foe beneath his feet.
The game releases on PC later this year. Quake Champions will feature a free-to-play model where you can rent champions with in-game currency.
- Ultimate Ears Boom 3 and Megaboom 3 Review – Portable Speaker Kings - 16 October, 2019
- Frostpunk: Console Edition Review – Beautiful survival city builder - 10 October, 2019
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review – Fantastic Survivalist RPG - 4 October, 2019
- Nintendo Switch Lite Review – Crown Prince of Portable Gaming! - 3 October, 2019
- NBA 2K20 Review – Exudes potential, but misses the mark - 1 October, 2019
- Sony Alpha 7R IV Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Launched - 30 September, 2019
- FIFA 20 Review – Volta Football introduces a bright future - 27 September, 2019
- Catch the Republic of Gamers Invitational finals at Vodacom rAge 2019 - 26 September, 2019
- Play on Easy Mode? These games make fun of you if you do! - 26 September, 2019
- Five Batman Arkham settings the franchise should explore - 25 September, 2019