If you are a long-time player of Bethesda Softworks and Zenimax’s massively multiplayer online game (MMO), and have wondered what the most popular race is, you are in luck. Along with the announcement of the Elder Scrolls Online fourth anniversary, Bethesda also released some juicy factoids on the player population therein.
Yes, Elder Scrolls Online is turning four! Bethesda plans to make a whopper out of it with birthday candles, cake and the like. Starting on 4 April 2018, players can take “Ache for Cake” quests to get the juicy “three-tiered anniversary jubilee cake” memento. The three-tiered anniversary jubilee cake lets players receive a 100% experience (XP) bonus. Better yet: it stacks with other XP bonuses! The event will run until 16 April 2018.
All players, new or old, will also receive presents! These will come in the form of Anniversary Crates. Players get them by completing daily and weekly quests, and they do not replace the usual daily and weekly rewards. It truly is a bonus! According to Bethesda these crates contain “crafting materials, and a single rare crafting item”. Rare crafting items include Nirncruxes, style items, motif pages and more. In order to keep track of it all, Bethesda also states that adventurers will get the details added to the Adventurer’s Almanac, 2nd Edition — a new book item that contains everything “you need to know about the available weekly and daily quests”. That includes the location, activity type, requirements, and recommended level.
There’s always adventure to be had in Tamriel, and now, you’ll always be able to find it!
Along with the announcement, Bethesda also released some juicy tidbits on the game. These include the total number of monsters killed (which is a whopping 15.9 billion), the number of players who died, soul gems that have been used, and more. They also announced the most popular race in the game, which is – drumroll please – The Altmeri!
That is right. The High Elf is the most popular race of them all, and comes in at around 15% of all players. Unfortunately the company did not release the second-most popular, but I like to think that the Bosmer (Wood Elf) and the Orc came second and third. Totally not because they are my two favourite races though.
In addition, Bethesda also announced the most popular alliance, most Players versus player kills, highest unpaid bounty, and by contrast, the highest paid bounty.
The full list of facts are as follows:
Total number of monsters killed: 15,881,472,493
Total number of players killed: 1,346,033,201
Total number of Soul Gems used: 1,183,836,570
Total number of quests completed: 2,064,266,404
Total number of items crafted: 7,415,834,454
Total number of achievements earned: 1,145,234,018
Most popular race: High Elf (14.98% of all characters)
Most popular Alliance: Ebonheart Pact (36.33% of all characters)
Most PvP Kills by Alliance: Ebonheart Pact (122,490,253 kills)
Highest unpaid bounty: 248,655,731 gold
Highest paid bounty: 362,324 gold
- The Top Five Game Awards 2019 announcements - 13 December, 2019
- Relive the best Batman era with the 1989 Batmobile LEGO set - 13 December, 2019
- Louis Vuitton X League of Legends Collection is pure Geek Chic bliss - 12 December, 2019
- GOG Winter Sale 2019 goes live with limited Wasteland 2 giveaway - 12 December, 2019
- Miss Universe 2019 is a geek, and we love it! - 11 December, 2019
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York Review - 11 December, 2019
- What you should know about Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York - 11 December, 2019
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Review – entry-level enthusiast bliss - 6 December, 2019
- 10 International series on Showmax to end 2019 with a bang - 5 December, 2019
- Sony Alpha 9 II now available in South Africa - 5 December, 2019