Players have fought through deadly caverns, defeated both volcanic and Eldritch lords, and even fended off the ever-present League of EVIL from taking the magical floating city of Dalaran. Now players are set to experience the direct sequel to the League of EVIL storyline in Saviors of Uldum, the sequel to Rise of Shadows.
Saviors of Uldum will bring 135 new cards to Blizzard’s award-winning collectable card game. It is based on Uldum, an Egyptian-themed zone first introduced in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. In this “action-packed” sequel to Rise of Shadows, players will travel to Uldum, which is under attack by the League of EVIL. The titular saviours of Uldum are now tasked with stopping the League from stealing powerful Titan technology hidden below Uldum’s sands.
As with all Hearthstone expansions and post-launch content, Saviors of Uldum will feature brand-new gameplay mechanics. This time around, players will get to experience the “reborn” ability. Reborn minions are able to return to life after being destroyed for the first time. When they do, they come back with one remaining health.
Furthermore, players will get to play around with a new spell-type called “plagues”. The five classes who represent the League of EVIL (Priest, Shaman, Warrior, Warlock, and Rogue) will all receive plagues – new powerful spells that affect all minions on the board. Plagues are powerful, but the very fact that they affect all minions means that they can act as double-edged blades. Careless users will quickly find that their own plagues are bringing them to their knees.
In addition to reborn minions and plagues, Saviors of Uldum will also feature a number of cards that can be played on a hero’s first turn. These will show up above the hero portrait and will act as countdowns. Upon completion, the cards will reward players with new hero powers.
Not much more is known about Saviors of Uldum, but Blizzard has been teasing a new card showcase for August 2019. Players are able to pre-purchase Saviors of Uldum card packs right now, which means that they will get their purchased packs the moment that the Saviours of Uldum update releases.
There is a 50-pack bundle available for $50 USD, which includes a random golden Legendary card from the expansion, and an Elise Starseeker themed card back. Additionally, players can also purchase an $80 USD Mega Bundle that consists of 80 card packs, a random golden Legendary card, the Elise Starseeker themed card back, and a new Elise Starseeker Druid Hero.
- Ultimate Ears Boom 3 and Megaboom 3 Review – Portable Speaker Kings - 16 October, 2019
- Frostpunk: Console Edition Review – Beautiful survival city builder - 10 October, 2019
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review – Fantastic Survivalist RPG - 4 October, 2019
- Nintendo Switch Lite Review – Crown Prince of Portable Gaming! - 3 October, 2019
- NBA 2K20 Review – Exudes potential, but misses the mark - 1 October, 2019
- Sony Alpha 7R IV Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Launched - 30 September, 2019
- FIFA 20 Review – Volta Football introduces a bright future - 27 September, 2019
- Catch the Republic of Gamers Invitational finals at Vodacom rAge 2019 - 26 September, 2019
- Play on Easy Mode? These games make fun of you if you do! - 26 September, 2019
- Five Batman Arkham settings the franchise should explore - 25 September, 2019