Three years in and Overwatch is still as strong as ever! Blizzard Entertainment’s award-winning multiplayer hero shooter is celebrating its third birthday. Fans on all platforms can join in on the Overwatch Anniversary 2019 fun, and unlock a whole wardrobe of Legendary skins, and more.
The Overwatch Anniversary 2019 event is currently live and will run all the way through to 10 June 2019. During this time, players will have access to seasonal brawls from past events, and the opportunity to unlock skins and other cosmetics they may have missed in the past.
Along with all of the previous skins and events that players can now enjoy, Blizzard also released a bunch of new skins that celebrates the game’s third birthday. According to Blizzard, there are 11 new skins to unlock. These include six new legendary skins, like the D.VA Academy outfit and Winston Gargoyle skins. There are also five new epic skins to unlock, along with a few new emote, and more.
Blizzard states that anyone who logs in during the event will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box. This will reward anyone who opens it with a guaranteed Legendary item. Furthermore, players who purchase the 50 Loot Box Bundle will receive an additional Legendary Anniversary Loot Box. You know, if you want that additional chance to get the Legendary item you desire.
It should be noted that the Overwatch Anniversary 2019 event does not include new game modes or events. It is merely a culmination of skins from past events – kind of like a “best of” event, more so than an actual event with new modes as many fans have become accustomed to. With that said, the skins alone are actually pretty dang awesome, and the fact that you get a Legendary Loot Box by simply logging in might make it worth your while!
- Final Fantasy VII Remake comparison: side-by-side differences - 26 June, 2019
- The Sinking City Review – A beautiful Lovecraftian love letter - 25 June, 2019
- Twelve Minutes is an interactive thriller that traps you in a time loop - 25 June, 2019
- How to unlock The Division 2’s Gunner Specialisation - 25 June, 2019
- Battletoads design – comparing the original with the newest games - 24 June, 2019
- New Splinter Cell proves that Ubisoft has failed its fans - 24 June, 2019
- The Overwatch Cookbook brings character favourite dishes to life - 24 June, 2019
- Marvel’s Avengers superheroes we want to see in the game - 23 June, 2019
- Cyberpunk Witcher: how Cyberpunk 2077 could include the Witcher - 20 June, 2019
- Wasteland 3 – Everything we know so far - 19 June, 2019