PlayStation owners are having a great March in 2018. In addition to fantastic games like Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank headlining the free PlayStation Network games for the month, Sony is also offering a PlayStation Plus discount for all players.
From 6 – 23 March 2018, all players will be able to take advantage of a 25% discount on the purchase of a 12 month PlayStation Plus membership. This is a pretty decent saving, considering that a normal 12 month subscription costs ZAR R899. In affect, it is roughly a ZAR R225 saving.
The saving also comes at a great time, given the games headlining the free PlayStation Network games for the month. These two games alone add up to the price of a full year membership to PlayStation Plus.
This PlayStation Plus discount and the free games for March are great. There is no denying that. However, I would be remiss for not mentioning that there is a reason why they appear a little “too good to be true”.
Just as news hit of free games for March, there was also the announcement that PlayStation Plus will stop offering free games for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita from March 2019. Instead, the program will focus solely on PlayStation 4 games.
Although I do feel that this change is a good one, there are many people out there who still make use of older consoles. Since the PlayStation 4 is not backwards compatible, it will leave those people high and dry. It is a move that is in stark contrast to Microsoft’s Xbox One, whose monthly rewards and Game Pass service offer games from all the way back to 2001.
- Bran the Broken will be at Comic Con Africa 2019 - 4 September, 2019
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Review: Fire-breathing Nostalgia - 3 September, 2019
- Lego Ideas Treehouse blooms sustainable bricks - 30 August, 2019
- LEGO Ideas Central Perk celebrates 25 years of Friends - 29 August, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint PC Specs Revealed - 29 August, 2019
- Control Review – Frustratingly Mysterious - 26 August, 2019
- Nerf MicroShots Fortnite TS Blaster Review – Pocket Sized Fun - 30 July, 2019
- The Boys Review – Exceptionally Fun Superhero Satire - 29 July, 2019
- Netflix The Witcher Trailer teases Geralt, Yennifer, Ciri & Monsters - 20 July, 2019
- Anthony Mackie confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2019 - 18 July, 2019