PlayStation owners are having a great March in 2018. In addition to fantastic games like Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank headlining the free PlayStation Network games for the month, Sony is also offering a PlayStation Plus discount for all players.
From 6 – 23 March 2018, all players will be able to take advantage of a 25% discount on the purchase of a 12 month PlayStation Plus membership. This is a pretty decent saving, considering that a normal 12 month subscription costs ZAR R899. In affect, it is roughly a ZAR R225 saving.
The saving also comes at a great time, given the games headlining the free PlayStation Network games for the month. These two games alone add up to the price of a full year membership to PlayStation Plus.
This PlayStation Plus discount and the free games for March are great. There is no denying that. However, I would be remiss for not mentioning that there is a reason why they appear a little “too good to be true”.
Just as news hit of free games for March, there was also the announcement that PlayStation Plus will stop offering free games for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita from March 2019. Instead, the program will focus solely on PlayStation 4 games.
Although I do feel that this change is a good one, there are many people out there who still make use of older consoles. Since the PlayStation 4 is not backwards compatible, it will leave those people high and dry. It is a move that is in stark contrast to Microsoft’s Xbox One, whose monthly rewards and Game Pass service offer games from all the way back to 2001.
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019
- Medievil Review – Sir Daniel Fortesque is back with a vengeance - 23 October, 2019
- Mini Motorways Review – Engrossing traffic planner - 26 September, 2019
- Three Reasons why Nespresso is best for Gamers - 17 September, 2019