Motocross fans I have some great news for all of you. In addition to the announcement that Milestone will bring MotoGP 18 to the masses, I am now happy to report that motocross fans can also expect some love! Milestone has announced MXGP Pro, and it is coming soon to all major platforms in 2018.
Milestone says that the game is a “brand new start” from a mechanical approach. It allows players to customise their bikes based on real-life metrics and state-of-the-art physics. Apparently the game will also be fully enhanced over predecessors by “redefining the core gameplay and handling mechanics”.
The trailer is an exciting action-packed look into the world of motocross. Honestly, as someone who has never played a motocross game before, I would not be able to tell the difference from this trailer to a hype reel for an actual motocross event.
According to Milestone, MXGP Pro will feature a “new bike customisation system” that enables players to arrange, tweak, and replace every single part of their bike in a realistic fashion. It also features a “redefined” physics engine that improves bike grip, collision systems, and overall handling; realistic reaction to environmental conditions and different terrains; and an “extensive” tutorial mode to help you master the game’s many “realistic features”.
Milestone states that they managed to accrue valuable input from Tony Cairoli, Tim Gajser, and Gautier Paulin in an “exclusive partnership”. Lead designer Luca Simonetti explains that the meticulous research conducted, by comparing every aspect of the game to real MXGP bikes and tracks, has been extensive. “We started from the analysis of suspension”, he stated, and continued through to comparing “the pressures with fork extensions as well as single shock-absorbers using the same values of official MXGP athletes’ bikes”. He went on to explain that the same applied to the ECU mapping.
The game has been slated for 29 June 2018, when it will release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
- Apple TV+ South Africa: Yes, it’s coming! - 12 September, 2019
- Borderlands 3 Unlock – when can you play? - 12 September, 2019
- Greedfall Review: Surpassing Expectations - 10 September, 2019
- WRC 8 Review: Not the Kingslayer fans have been waiting for - 5 September, 2019
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition is finally here! - 4 September, 2019
- Acer Swift 5 is the “world’s lightest 14-inch notebook” - 4 September, 2019
- Acer’s Planet9 Esports platform wants to coach gamers into pros - 4 September, 2019
- Los Espookys Season 1 Review: Absurd Comedic Excellence - 2 September, 2019
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered – Everything you need to know - 29 August, 2019
- MXGP 2019 Review – Dirt Bike King - 27 August, 2019