Your reasons to play Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm just got a whole lot better. With the latest update from developer and publishing studio Blizzard Entertainment Inc., the popular Real-time Strategy and e-Sports title sees a myriad of improvements and additions that cater to both long-time fans of the franchise as well as newcomers.
Patch 2.1’s biggest and most important improvement comes in the way of free content to people who have yet to purchase the game. The Arcade mode, which had only been accessible to people who had owned at least a copy of the base game, Wings of Liberty, or who spawned off of their friends’ parties, have now been made completely free to anyone who owns the Starcraft 2 Starter Edition, which is a free download. Now anyone can enjoy the vast majority of user-made custom maps and content from DOTA-style match-ups to games similar to Jetpack Joyride.
Also included in the update are the digitally remastered soundtracks for Starcraft and Starcraft: Broodwar – a welcome bonus. Now long-term fans of the Starcraft series will be able to enjoy the soundtrack that they grew up with, remastered and inserted directly into Starcraft 2 for pure nostalgic pleasure.
Lesser improvements and additions include the ability to now upload your very own clan insignia as well as the inclusion of extension mods, allowing anyone to create additional content for the game. The online chat has also been improved in the sense that you can now add multiple people to different groups, each of which can be managed and sorted independently. This will make it much easier to contact teammates in other games during important matches.
Patch 2.1 for Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm rolls out internationally from today. Players can check out the full patch notes here.
- A “sound improvement plan” is next on the PUBG roadmap - 17 August, 2019
- Final Fantasy VIII Remaster tweet revives classic FF8 meme - 17 August, 2019
- New Razer Viper ambidextrous gaming mouse offers “absolute control” - 17 August, 2019
- LEGO Hidden Side adds gamification and AR to traditional block building - 16 August, 2019
- Comic Con Africa 2019 to host Business of Gaming Forum 2019 - 15 August, 2019
- Amara “The Siren” brings astral plane fighting to Borderlands 3 - 13 August, 2019
- The BFFs trailer introduces Moze, the new Borderlands 3 Gunner - 13 August, 2019
- Gears 5 ‘My Body is Ready’ achievement is a glorious nod to Reggie Fils-Aime - 13 August, 2019
- Draw Distance drops huge Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York gameplay details - 12 August, 2019
- Comic Con Africa 2019 Photo Ops are now live - 12 August, 2019