The way Yoda speaks is what makes him a truly memorable character and is the primary reason why he is often humorously emulated by anyone who has watched the Star Wars saga. Most people do not know, however, that Yoda’s speech pattern is actually a very uncommon linguistic typology called Object-Subject-Verb (OSV) that is prevalent in cultures near the Amazon basin.
Courtesy of the Internet, a Tumblr now exists that showcases a meme with Yoda as the main protagonist. The meme known as “Said That, She Did” has become the Star Wars equivalent of the puerile “that’s what she said” phrase, which originates from the movie Wayne’s World (1992) and has been popularised further by the television series The Office and How I Met Your Mother.
Below are 10 of the best “Said That, She Did” phrases that we could find with one added surprise right at the end. Enjoy!
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019
- Medievil Review – Sir Daniel Fortesque is back with a vengeance - 23 October, 2019