The way Yoda speaks is what makes him a truly memorable character and is the primary reason why he is often humorously emulated by anyone who has watched the Star Wars saga. Most people do not know, however, that Yoda’s speech pattern is actually a very uncommon linguistic typology called Object-Subject-Verb (OSV) that is prevalent in cultures near the Amazon basin.
Courtesy of the Internet, a Tumblr now exists that showcases a meme with Yoda as the main protagonist. The meme known as “Said That, She Did” has become the Star Wars equivalent of the puerile “that’s what she said” phrase, which originates from the movie Wayne’s World (1992) and has been popularised further by the television series The Office and How I Met Your Mother.
Below are 10 of the best “Said That, She Did” phrases that we could find with one added surprise right at the end. Enjoy!
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia 2018 - 11 November, 2018
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman Playlist – Music that will make you Purr - 22 October, 2018
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold October 2018: Food, Demons, Stunts and Money - 9 October, 2018
- Spider senses tingling? You might have won our Marvel’s Spider-Man [PS4] comp. - 8 October, 2018
- Overwatch headwear now available at Vamers Store - 4 October, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review: Lara’s Story Comes Full Circle - 26 September, 2018