The way Yoda speaks is what makes him a truly memorable character and is the primary reason why he is often humorously emulated by anyone who has watched the Star Wars saga. Most people do not know, however, that Yoda’s speech pattern is actually a very uncommon linguistic typology called Object-Subject-Verb (OSV) that is prevalent in cultures near the Amazon basin.
Courtesy of the Internet, a Tumblr now exists that showcases a meme with Yoda as the main protagonist. The meme known as “Said That, She Did” has become the Star Wars equivalent of the puerile “that’s what she said” phrase, which originates from the movie Wayne’s World (1992) and has been popularised further by the television series The Office and How I Met Your Mother.
Below are 10 of the best “Said That, She Did” phrases that we could find with one added surprise right at the end. Enjoy!
- The Sony PlayStation Classic channels the heyday of 3D gaming - 19 September, 2018
- Exclusive Hitman 2 interview with IO Interactive’s Theuns Smit - 17 September, 2018
- Unboxing Marvel’s Spider-Man Collector’s Edition & Press Kit - 10 September, 2018
- Win With Vamers a copy of Marvel’s Spider-Man [PS4] & other goodies - 9 September, 2018
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 Review – Small, slick, sturdy & incredibly fast! - 6 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Photo Mode lets you create your own comic covers - 4 September, 2018
- Mayan inspired Custom Shadow of the Tomb Raider Xbox One X is Gorgeous - 4 September, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold September 2018: Prison Architect, Livelock and more - 3 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Villains and Friends appear in Relationships Trailer - 30 August, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Limited Edition PS4 console has our senses tingling - 28 August, 2018