The way Yoda speaks is what makes him a truly memorable character and is the primary reason why he is often humorously emulated by anyone who has watched the Star Wars saga. Most people do not know, however, that Yoda’s speech pattern is actually a very uncommon linguistic typology called Object-Subject-Verb (OSV) that is prevalent in cultures near the Amazon basin.
Courtesy of the Internet, a Tumblr now exists that showcases a meme with Yoda as the main protagonist. The meme known as “Said That, She Did” has become the Star Wars equivalent of the puerile “that’s what she said” phrase, which originates from the movie Wayne’s World (1992) and has been popularised further by the television series The Office and How I Met Your Mother.
Below are 10 of the best “Said That, She Did” phrases that we could find with one added surprise right at the end. Enjoy!
- Nintendo confirms Animated Super Mario Bros. Movie is in the works - 15 February, 2018
- Black Panther Post-Credits scenes? Yes, there are two of them. - 15 February, 2018
- First Incredibles 2 trailer showcases how parents are the real superheroes - 15 February, 2018
- Win with Vamers: Watch us Live and win a copy of PUBG for Xbox One - 13 February, 2018
- Get Far Cry 4 for Free with 1 year of PlayStation Plus (only new sign-ups) - 1 February, 2018
- TV Series Floor Plans give insight into the lives of your favourite characters - 1 February, 2018
- South African Esports Store launches with DXRacer - 30 January, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Closed Beta: finding treasure, getting drunk & being jolly - 29 January, 2018
- Stay dry to stay alive in The Rain; a new post-apocalyptic series from Netflix - 29 January, 2018
- Charmed Reboot in the works at CW; mixed emotions ensue - 29 January, 2018