Acer’s annual Global Press Conference (GPC) included a huge number of gaming additions to the company’s brands. It also saw the introduction of Acer ConceptD, a new brand focused on creative professionals; and a new set of enterprise-focused Chromebooks. That is not all, however, as Acer also unveiled the new Acer TravelMate P6 – a back-to-basics champion targeting endurance.
The Acer TravelMate P6 (officially numbered P614-51) is not only meant to be light and durable, but also offer the ultimate travelling experience. Acer states that it is therefore targeted at “travelling professionals”, as it keeps weight and thickness to a minimum.
The Acer TravelMate P6 is designed with a “quality magnesium-aluminium” alloy chassis. It is said to be stronger and lighter than standard aluminium alloys at the same thickness. A direct result of this is a nice sleek looking 1.1 kg laptop that would fit in with the likes of Acer’s consumer-grade Aspire range. Considering that it is targeted at road warriors, it comes as no surprise that the battery prowess on the Acer TravelMate 6 is immense. It offers up to 20 hours on a single charge. That is incredible, to say the least.
Acer says that it is perfect for professionals to stay productive on transcontinental flights or the few rare individuals who work through two full days while on the go. In case you need a quick charge, the Acer TravelMate P6 also supports that! Acer claims that the laptop can get a 50 per cent charge in less than 45 minutes. A huge laptop battery with a charge time of a modern smartphone? Sign me up!
The Acer TravelMate P6 is nothing to scoff at either in terms of size. It comes in both 14-inch and 15.6-inch flavours. Both screen sizes feature full high-definition screens and come with a choice of either 8th generation Intel Core i5 or i7 chipsets. In terms of memory, you can get up to 16 GB of DDR4 RAM. In terms of graphics, you can choose between the onboard Intel HD 520 or 620 graphics cards, or an additional Nvidia GeForce 940M.
Acer also states that travelling professionals can maintain a reliable, high-speed wireless connection with the built-in eSIM-enabled 4G LTE and 802.11ac 2×2 MU-MIMO technology. It also offers an Intel Thunderbolt 3 USB-C connection, a MicroSD card, and Near-Field Communication (NFC) technology that makes sharing content easy.
Furthermore, Acer also states that the Acer TravelMate P6 comes with an optional USB-C dock for an external screen, keyboard, and other input/output devices.
Prospective buyers can get the Acer TravelMate P6 in South Africa from September 2019, with models starting at R15 999.
- Apple TV Steam Link now available; Play PC games on Apple devices! - 16 May, 2019
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered Review – The Definitive Sniper Experience - 13 May, 2019
- Overwatch Havana map is now live, includes rum! - 9 May, 2019
- Cricket 19 Demo lets you build your ultimate team right now - 9 May, 2019
- 7 reasons why you should upgrade to Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - 9 May, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 Review – Gorgeous, Fun and Fresh - 7 May, 2019
- Razer Core X Chroma redefines the meaning of RGB in eGPU - 6 May, 2019
- Acer Predator Helios 700 and 300 set new bar for gaming laptops - 6 May, 2019
- 10 Zombie Games To Play (instead of Days Gone) - 25 April, 2019
- Days Gone Review – A cliched and phoned-in open-world zombie game - 25 April, 2019