Beyond a new creative professional brand, Acer also delivers a lineup of sleek, yet powerful, 2-in-1 laptops. Vamers was fortunate enough to take the Acer Spin 5 for a, well, spin. It proved to be quite a decent addition to the office. Despite a few drawbacks, it is a great little device. Its success has translated through to the rest of the Spin lineup. Acer is now upgrading its affordable Spin 3 2019 lineup of convertible notebooks with a notable specification bump.
Acer’s Spin 3 2019 lineup is arguably the company’s most affordable brand of productivity laptops (that can also convert into tablets). As such, it is only natural for Acer to upgrade it to fall more in line with the likes of the Spin 5 and Spin 7 series. Hence, the new addition of the Acer Active Pen, right in the box – exactly the same stylus that comes with the Spin 5! Only this time, it seems Acer had a good thought about it and is now including a slot for the stylus right inside the chassis of the Spin 3. My gosh, do we wish the Spin 5 had this feature.
Another feature you can expect from Acer’s Spin 3 2019 lineup is its brand-new 14-inch 1080p Full-high definition display. The screen also supports both touch and pen input at the same time, perfect for collaborative efforts at the office. Powering the screen is the choice of the onboard graphical prowess of the 8th generation Intel Core i7-8565U or an optional Nvidia Geforce MX230 GPU for additional graphical performance.
Regardless of the graphics chip you decide to use, Acer states that the Acer’s Spin 3 2019 lineup can deliver upwards of 12 hours of battery life – a huge feat for an entry-level product! Besides the battery, it also supports up to 512 GB NVMe solid-state storage, and an added 1 TB hard disk drive.
Weighing only 1.7 kg, Acer’s Spin 3 2019 lineup should feel light in a bag or briefcase. It might even feel pretty good in your hand as a tablet. It features a 9.6 mm bezel with 79 per cent screen-to-body ratio. This means you get more screen real estate to do your work on. It also features a 360-degree flipping display, which gives it the convertible status it is known for.
Acer’s Spin 3 2019 lineup will be available in South Africa from September 2019, but local pricing and region specifications have not yet been revealed. Be sure to check back closer to the date for an updated overview of pricing and availability.
- William Shatner confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2019 - 18 July, 2019
- Our favourite Summer Games Done Quick 2019 speedruns - 17 July, 2019
- Summer Games Done Quick 2019 breaks fund raising record - 17 July, 2019
- Remedy reacquires rights to Alan Wake; is Alan Wake 2 coming?! - 16 July, 2019
- Digimon Survive delayed until 2020 - 16 July, 2019
- A Cuphead Netflix show is currently in development - 16 July, 2019
- Saviors of Uldum expansion brings the sequel to Rise of Shadows to life - 15 July, 2019
- Nintendo Switch Lite is smaller, lighter and cheaper - 15 July, 2019
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 Review – Enchanting RPG Builder - 11 July, 2019
- Rage 2 Review – A “meh” of epic proportions - 9 July, 2019