Crash is back yet again! Activision Blizzard announced that a high-definition (HD) remaster of Crash Team Racing is heading our way! The game will be called Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled and will include everything fans remember from the original game and more.
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is being developed by Beenox, a Canadian-based development studio known for their work on Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Call of duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. The team at Activision states that Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is a proper remaster, and that it has been built from the ground up. While the claim is a large one, I would believe every word of it, considering the recent excellent Crash Bandicoot reboot.
The game will bring back beloved characters such as Coco, Dr Neo Cortex, and more. Of course, it also features Crash Bandicoot himself as Crash and friends take on the villain of the game: Nitros Oxide.
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will feature brand-new animation and personality. Thomas Wilson, co-studio head at Beenox, states that the team is revamping the original game in celebration of its 20th anniversary. The studio wants to give the game the remaster that it deserves, with game modes such as Adventure, Arcade Single Race and Cup Race, and even Time Trials and Battle mode. Beenox also states that there will be both single-player, and versus modes that players can take part in online, or offline.
In addition to a Crash-Team Racing Nitro-Fueled trailer, Activision also announced that the game will be available in a special Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled – Nitros Oxide Edition. This special edition will include the “villainous Nitros Oxide” as a playable character from day one in all game modes. It will also include a copy of the game, along with the Digital Deluxe Edition that includes Nitros Oxide’s Hovercraft kart, space-themed character skins for Crash, Coco, and Cortex; as well as a suite of other cosmetic items. Activision notes that players who do not purchase any of the special editions can still earn both Nitros Oxide and the Oxide Hovercraft by completing various in-game Adventure Mode challenges.
The Nitros Oxide Edition can be pre-ordered for $60 USD, while the base game can be had for just $40 USD. The game is set to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on 21 June 2019. A Microsoft Windows release has not been announced yet.
- Hot Toys Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider Suit) (VGM34) is a fan’s wet dream! - 14 June, 2019
- Elden Ring reveal – everything we know about the new FromSoftware title - 11 June, 2019
- Battletoads gameplay trailer promises classic beat ’em up fun - 10 June, 2019
- Spiritfarer trailer showcases beautifully drawn 2D adventure game - 10 June, 2019
- TV Shows like Game of Thrones – scratching that Westerosi itch - 10 June, 2019
- Thanks to Elon Musk, you can play Cuphead on a Tesla - 10 June, 2019
- The Savior’s Gang is the Jesus Video Game you always wanted - 10 June, 2019
- Ninja Theory presents Bleeding Edge, a new 4-v-4 multiplayer title - 10 June, 2019
- Diablo meets Minecraft in Minecraft Dungeons - 10 June, 2019
- Cyberpunk 2077 stars Keanu Reeves! Arrives 16 April 2020! - 10 June, 2019