The first of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s downloadable content (DLC) is due to arrive very shortly. Activision Blizzard announced that the Sabotage DLC will arrive on the PlayStation Network first, before other platforms, on 31 January 2017.
The Sabotage DLC will include four new multiplayer maps and a new episode for the game’s Zombie mode that promptly features a very “Friday the 13th” theme. It even features a seemingly invulnerable creature that stalks the players throughout the woods!
Three brand new maps, and a single “reimagining”
- Noir: a grim, future Brooklyn where a heavy curfew is in place. Players must navigate tight corners through abandoned streets. It is a medium-sized map with a classic three-lane layout.
- Renaissance: This seemingly idyllic Venetian canals can easily distract you from an intense urban combat zone. It is a small, split figure designed map that encourages fast-paced gameplay.
- Neon: The map was originally designed for future urban warfare simulation. It is a “Z” shaped map that features a digitised battle arena. Its long sight-lines and flanking routes support most styles of gameplay. As an added bonus, all players killed will have a pixelating death animation.
- Dominion: This is a reimagined Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 map of “Afghan”. It focuses on ranged combat and features a variety of strategic vantage points.
“Rave in the Redwoods” is a new Zombie mode map
The map sends players to an abandoned camp that has been turned into a rave party. “…packed with terrifying Zombie enemies and classic 90’s style” aesthetics. According to developers Infinity Ward, the new Zombies add-on will also include new weapons, traps, and a character called the Slasher.
Sabotage is slated for release on Sony’s PlayStation 4 from 31 January 2017. All others platforms will follow a short while thereafter.
- Mad Catz turns 30, announces Limited Edition R.A.T. 8+ 1000 Gaming Mouse - 23 August, 2019
- Project Blue Book explores real life case files of the “most mysterious time in US History” - 23 August, 2019
- The Hunt Borderlands 3 trailer puts FL4K “The BeastMaster” to work - 20 August, 2019
- Sony’s Fall 2019 DualShock 4 controllers evoke geeky nostalgia - 20 August, 2019
- A “sound improvement plan” is next on the PUBG roadmap - 17 August, 2019
- Final Fantasy VIII Remaster tweet revives classic FF8 meme - 17 August, 2019
- New Razer Viper ambidextrous gaming mouse offers “absolute control” - 17 August, 2019
- LEGO Hidden Side adds gamification and AR to traditional block building - 16 August, 2019
- Comic Con Africa 2019 to host Business of Gaming Forum 2019 - 15 August, 2019
- Amara “The Siren” brings astral plane fighting to Borderlands 3 - 13 August, 2019