Developed by Mind Candy and published for the first time in November 2014, World of Warriors will now have its Romans, Vikings, Samurai, Aztecs, and Spartans battle it out on Sony’s PlayStation 4 from March 2018.
Players can enter the arena with up to three friends on PlayStation Plus, and choose from “amongst the greatest warriors in history” with which to do battle. They will be able to take on other challengers in a variety of multiplayer arenas in “lands beyond their own”.
World of Warriors is a fun little multiplayer title where friendly fire is just as dangerous as enemies — not to mention the surroundings themselves! Mind Candy states that “every arena is a potential death trap brimming with hazards”.
Some of the “lands beyond” include:
- Coliseum – where players can “hack’n’slash enemies and impress the crows with their combat skills. Players will have to watch out for the spinning fire totem!
- Heroic Hills – which seems perfect, serene and picturesque… until you let your guard down! Players will have to watch out for spinning whirlpool tornadoes.
- Sea of Night – which can be a cruel, cruel mistress! The titan, who sings his anchor is a dangerous hazard in these parts.
- Midnight Forest – which is a deep and dark wooded area that houses an ancient tree. The tree aids warriors in their battle, but can also turn on you with the slightest misstep.
- White Wastes – a frozen tundra which houses woolly mammoths that are itching to escape. Only the most cunning warriors will figure out how to master the mammoths and get them to help on the battlefield.
The game supports local, and online multiplayer with “rumbles the likes of which history has never seen”. It is a cute little arena game perfect for parties and competitive circles of friends. The game will be available for purchase on the PlayStation Store starting on 21 March 2018, with a special dynamic theme included for the first week of sales.
[Sources: Any News, PlayStation Lifestyle, Worthplaying, YouTube]
Junior Editor at Vamers. From Superman to Ironman; Bill Rizer to Sam Fisher and everything in-between, Edward loves it all. He is a Bachelor of Arts student and English Major specialising in Language and Literature. He is an avid writer and casual social networker with a flare for all things tech related.