Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios have announced the Injustice 2 Legendary Edition.
It is no secret that Injustice 2 incorporates an astounding amount of add-on content. Not only does the content include new characters, but it also includes special skins that completely change characters into others superheroes or villains. Now all of that content, which was previously valued at around $100 USD, will come in a complete and all-in-one package for just $60 USD.
When the game launched in 2017 it was available in a USD $100 Ultimate Edition, which included the season pass and all skins mentioned above. While I would argue that it was a good deal at the time, considering how great the game is and how much the character passes had to offer, many felt that it was very steep a price for just a fighting game.
The Injustice 2 Legendary Edition fixes that caveat by not only including all of the content from the former Ultimate edition, but doing so at only USD $60. It even includes Darkseid, a character that you had to buy separately if you did not obtain him via a pre-order bonus, and Brainiac, who can be unlocked early with currency or by completing the campaign.
In addition to announcing the Injustice 2 Legendary Edition, Warner Bros. has also revealed new features coming to the game. These include an expanded tutorial mode called the Learn Hub; brand new gear for all characters on the roster; and an increased level cap of 30. Even more exciting is what happens at level 30: a new augmentation slot becomes available. What these augmentations entail, however, is anyone’s guess. Eurogamer has confirmed that these features will be included in a free update to all Injustice 2 owners, regardless of the edition you own.
Injustice 2 Legendary Edition includes:
- Injustice 2 Base Game
- Fighter Pack 1 (Red Hood, Starfire, Sub-Zero)
- Fighter Pack 2 (Black Manta, Raiden, Hellboy)
- Fighter Pack 3 (Atom, Enchantress, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Darkseid (previously a pre-order bonus or separate purchase)
- Premiere Skins (Supergirl: Power Girl; Green Lantern: John Stewart; Flash: Reverse-Flash; Cyborg: Grid; Raiden: Black Lightning)
Injustice 2 Legendary Edition releases on 30 March 2018. It will be on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake comparison: side-by-side differences - 26 June, 2019
- The Sinking City Review – A beautiful Lovecraftian love letter - 25 June, 2019
- Twelve Minutes is an interactive thriller that traps you in a time loop - 25 June, 2019
- How to unlock The Division 2’s Gunner Specialisation - 25 June, 2019
- Battletoads design – comparing the original with the newest games - 24 June, 2019
- New Splinter Cell proves that Ubisoft has failed its fans - 24 June, 2019
- The Overwatch Cookbook brings character favourite dishes to life - 24 June, 2019
- Marvel’s Avengers superheroes we want to see in the game - 23 June, 2019
- Cyberpunk Witcher: how Cyberpunk 2077 could include the Witcher - 20 June, 2019
- Wasteland 3 – Everything we know so far - 19 June, 2019