Overwatch may have been out for quite a while now, but Blizzard is not letting up when it comes to content updates. In this case, Overwatch’s Moira is a brand new hero, and she looks like an absolute badass.
Not long ago, Blizzard had their annual BlizzCon, where they announced a slew of things. These included StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty going to free-to-play, its expansion, Heart of the Swarm becoming free for those who purchased Wings of Liberty; and a brand new expansion for World of Warcraft. Among all of the announcements, however, was another one: Overwatch’s Moira. It was unclear when she would come to the game, but it seems our answers have finally been answered: right now.
Yes, Overwatch’s newest hero, Moira, is now playable on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. An update that unlocks the new hero is now available.
Moira was on the Overwatch test service for a little while, but no one expected her to be pushed to the public realm so quickly. My guess is that Blizzard wanted to ship her before the upcoming free weekend event. Whatever the case may be, she is now available to all, and fans could not be happier.
To date, Overwatch includes 26 heroes. Moira is the sixth support class character, but what sets her apart is that she can also deal massive amounts of damage. While I have not yet had the opportunity to play as her, it seems that she is primarily a spell caster. She throws orbs and beams that either hurt or heal depending on the attack used.
According to Overwatch’s pretty extensive – for an arena shooter – lore, she has a history that is linked to Talon and Reaper’s Blackwatch organisation. The embedded video above showcases how she started out as a very skilled geneticist, but moved to the organisation to better both herself and her work. By the end of the video, it seems that Overwatch’s Moira and Reaper may have been something more, but we shall never know. What we do get from that scene, however, is that she is the one responsible for his transformation. Interesting, to say the least.
- Ultimate Ears Boom 3 and Megaboom 3 Review – Portable Speaker Kings - 16 October, 2019
- Frostpunk: Console Edition Review – Beautiful survival city builder - 10 October, 2019
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review – Fantastic Survivalist RPG - 4 October, 2019
- Nintendo Switch Lite Review – Crown Prince of Portable Gaming! - 3 October, 2019
- NBA 2K20 Review – Exudes potential, but misses the mark - 1 October, 2019
- Sony Alpha 7R IV Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Launched - 30 September, 2019
- FIFA 20 Review – Volta Football introduces a bright future - 27 September, 2019
- Catch the Republic of Gamers Invitational finals at Vodacom rAge 2019 - 26 September, 2019
- Play on Easy Mode? These games make fun of you if you do! - 26 September, 2019
- Five Batman Arkham settings the franchise should explore - 25 September, 2019