Although not forged in the heart of a dying star, this version of Mjölnir is by no means any less fantastic.
Tony Swatton, a master swordsmith, has made a name for himself by crafting superb ‘real world’ recreations of weapons from video games, movies and television.
To coincide with the release of Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Swatton took it upon himself to literally forge Asgard’s illustrious hammer.
The result is truly sublime and is most definitely a show piece that I would, if I could afford it, absolutely adore to purchase and put on display. Until then, this Mjölnir Bookend will have to do.
Enjoy this Thorsday by watching Swatton, in all of his artisanal glory, as he masterfully crafts the legendary Mjölnir in an episode of his excellent ‘Man At Arms‘ video series.
[Source: Man At Arms]
- Live-Action Anthem Conviction trailer from Neill Blomkamp is mesmerising - 15 February, 2019
- Playlist: Deadpool Valentine’s Day – Best Pound Town Tunes - 14 February, 2019
- TED Talks Morning: the best way to start your day - 8 February, 2019
- Anthem Hands-on preview: 3 Reasons to Get Excited - 4 February, 2019
- Xbox Live Cross-Platform details, coming to iOS, Android & Switch - 4 February, 2019
- Jedi Hairdresser cuts hair with Laser Lightsaber - 31 January, 2019
- Xbox Games with Gold February 2019: Assassins, Bombs and Jedis - 31 January, 2019
- Florence Review: Beautiful Journey about the Complexities of Love - 30 January, 2019
- Anthem PC Specs: what do you need to run the game? - 24 January, 2019
- Anthem Demo: where and how to play before launch? - 23 January, 2019