Although not forged in the heart of a dying star, this version of Mjölnir is by no means any less fantastic.
Tony Swatton, a master swordsmith, has made a name for himself by crafting superb ‘real world’ recreations of weapons from video games, movies and television.
To coincide with the release of Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Swatton took it upon himself to literally forge Asgard’s illustrious hammer.
The result is truly sublime and is most definitely a show piece that I would, if I could afford it, absolutely adore to purchase and put on display. Until then, this Mjölnir Bookend will have to do.
Enjoy this Thorsday by watching Swatton, in all of his artisanal glory, as he masterfully crafts the legendary Mjölnir in an episode of his excellent ‘Man At Arms‘ video series.
[Source: Man At Arms]
- Playlist: Into the Spider-Verse’s Kingpin – A Sinisterly Poignant Villain - 17 December, 2018
- Belkin Valet Charge Dock Review: Sophisticated Apple Watch Charger - 14 December, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold December 2018: Never Alone in Dragon Age - 1 December, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Post-Credits scene? Yes, there is one. - 29 November, 2018
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia 2018 - 11 November, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold November 2018: Race the Sun to the Battlefield - 1 November, 2018
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman Playlist – Music that will make you Purr - 22 October, 2018
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018