A child’s imagination is one of the most beautiful and wonderful gifts bestowed upon humanity. Unconstrained by the understanding and pressures associated with modern societal ideologies, children have the capacity to almost always “think outside of the box”. It is this imaginative purity that has been wonderfully captured by the artist Andy Fairhurst in his 25 image collection of silhouettes depicting Superhero Kids.
Fairhurst’s Superhero Kids collection of silhouettes reminds me a lot of my own childhood. His artwork has allowed me to vividly remember the ways in which I would keep myself busy by bestowing imaginary power to generic household items or how I would create masks, capes and other ‘superhero’ gear from anything I could get my hands on – paper, plastic bags, sheets, blankets etc. A reminder of a creatively Geektastic childhood.
Let us know what some of your fondest childhood ‘superhero’ memories are in the comments and be sure to view the entire spectacular collection of Superhero Kids silhouettes below.
- Mini Motorways Review – Engrossing traffic planner - 26 September, 2019
- Three Reasons why Nespresso is best for Gamers - 17 September, 2019
- Win Comic Con Africa 2019 Tickets with Vamers and KFC - 16 September, 2019
- Borderlands 3 PC Specs Revealed: how does your PC fair? - 10 September, 2019
- Bran the Broken will be at Comic Con Africa 2019 - 4 September, 2019
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Review: Fire-breathing Nostalgia - 3 September, 2019
- Lego Ideas Treehouse blooms sustainable bricks - 30 August, 2019
- LEGO Ideas Central Perk celebrates 25 years of Friends - 29 August, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint PC Specs Revealed - 29 August, 2019
- Control Review – Frustratingly Mysterious - 26 August, 2019