A child’s imagination is one of the most beautiful and wonderful gifts bestowed upon humanity. Unconstrained by the understanding and pressures associated with modern societal ideologies, children have the capacity to almost always “think outside of the box”. It is this imaginative purity that has been wonderfully captured by the artist Andy Fairhurst in his 25 image collection of silhouettes depicting Superhero Kids.
Fairhurst’s Superhero Kids collection of silhouettes reminds me a lot of my own childhood. His artwork has allowed me to vividly remember the ways in which I would keep myself busy by bestowing imaginary power to generic household items or how I would create masks, capes and other ‘superhero’ gear from anything I could get my hands on – paper, plastic bags, sheets, blankets etc. A reminder of a creatively Geektastic childhood.
Let us know what some of your fondest childhood ‘superhero’ memories are in the comments and be sure to view the entire spectacular collection of Superhero Kids silhouettes below.
- Fornite Monopoly is one of the best versions of the famous game - 18 December, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019