THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MAIN PRIZE WINNER
and the two runner-up winners
JODY WILLIAMS and RAFAEL DE ABREU
[This competition is now closed]
Gears of War 3, the grueling third and final chapter of one of the best selling video game franchises in the world, is emerging on Tuesday 20th of September 2011. The game will launch in three flavours: a Standard Edition, a Limited Edition and an Epic Edition. Alas, it was revealed that South Africa would not be receiving the incredibly limited Epic Edition of Gears of War 3 (pictured above). As gamers, the Vamers staff felt cheated and disappointment at the news and wondered “what could we do to help ease the pain”?
The answer was simple: “import one and give it away”!
To celebrate the glorious release of Gears of War 3, the staff at Vamers have painfully sourced a Gears of War 3: Epic Edition to giveaway along with a variety of awesome Gears of War 3 swag. We have done this for you, the passionate gamer. In addition to the main prize and the two runner-up prizes, we also have four sets of metal Gears of War themed COG tags to give away – each week to one random Twitter follower or Facebook fan until the final prize is drawn.
The Gears of War 3: Epic Edition is the ultimate collection for hardcore fans who cannot get enough of the Gears of War experience. The Win With Vamers Gears of War Main Prize consists of the seriously awesome Epic Edition of Gears of War 3 as well as some pretty exclusive Gears of War swag:
- A Limited Edition Marcus Fenix Statue – Designed by Epic Games Art Director Chris Perna and expertly crafted by the artisans at Triforce, this fine PVC statue collectible makes the ultimate living room centerpiece for any true “Gears” fan.
- The Art and Design of Gears of War by Tom Bissell – Through unprecedented access to the Epic Games team, acclaimed author Tom Bissell (Extra Lives) gives readers an incisive behind-the-scenes glimpse into one of the most celebrated sagas in video game history with 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork and more.
- Infected Omen Weapon Pack — Custom multiplayer skins for the game’s five starting weapons; Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun.
- An Octus Award Box and Octus Service Medal – Replicas of the honours bestowed on professor and retired major Adam Jonathon Fenix, Marcus’ father, for his work on the Hammer of Dawn.
- Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character – Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.
- A fabric COG Flag – Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.
- The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his “Last Will and Testament,” the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.
- Bonus Vamers Exclusive — A pair of wearable COG tags, replicas of the ones your favourite character wears in the Gears of War game, imprinted with “PROPERTY OF THE COALITION OF ORDERED GOVERNMENT”!
- Bonus Vamers Exclusive — A wearable Gears of War 3 black ‘Locust Face’ bandanna, imprinted with the face of a locust.
- Bonus Vamers Exclusive — A wearable Gears of War 3 black ‘Blood Omen’ baseball cap, emblazoned with the Gears of War 3 logo.
- Bonus Vamers Exclusive — A wearable Gears of War 3 grey ‘sack bag’ adorned with an image of Marcus Fenix.
- Bonus Vamers Exclusive — A metal Gears of War Lancer keychain.
- A pair of wearable Gears of War 3 dog tags, decorated with the Gears of War 3 logo on the front and imprinted with “BROTHERS TO THE END” on the back!
- A wearable Gears of War 3 black ‘Locust Face’ bandanna, imprinted with the face of a locust!
- A wearable Gears of War 3 black ‘Vein Omen’ beanie, emblazoned with the Gears of War 3 logo!
- A wearable Gears of War 3 black ‘sack bag’ adorned with the Gears of War 3 logo!
- A sturdy metal Gears of War Lancer themed keychain.
HOW TO ENTER:
Each working day, from Monday 12 September 2011 until Friday 30 September 2011, we will reveal a question on both our Facebook and Twitter streams. Your job is to search for the answers to each of the proposed questions. There will be a total of 15 questions that need to be answered. Please keep a list of your answers. Once you have answered all 15 questions, or as many questions as you can answer, you will then be required to e-mail your list of answers to Vamers by 17:00 on Friday 30 September 2011. Please do not @Reply your answers to the Vamers Twitter or post them on the Vamers Facebook page – unless you want to share your answers. Please see the break down of the competition details below for additional clarity:
- Each working day, from Monday 12 September 2011 until Friday 30 September 2011, we will reveal a new Gears of War related question for you to answer.
- Pay close attention to our Facebook page and our Twitter streams because that is where the Gears of War related questions will be revealed.
- A total of 15 Gears of War related questions will be revealed. You need to try and answer them all.
- Please do not directly respond to our questions via Facebook or Twitter. This means that you should not @Reply your answers to our Twitter account or write your answers on our Facebook page wall/photos. Doing so will not gain you entry into this competition.
- Please compile a note, either digitally or on paper, of the questions and your answers to the questions.
- Questions may be tracked on Facebook by viewing this album, on Twitter by viewing our favourited tweets or in the image gallery below.
- Once the final Gears of War question has been revealed, you will be requested to send your complete list of answers, in order from 1 – 15, to [email protected]. Please use the subject line: Win With Vamers GoW3.
- Entries for this competition will close at 17:00 on Friday 30 September 2011. No late entries will be accepted.
- Valid entries with the most correct answers will be placed into a pool from which a main prize winner and two runner-up prize winners will be drawn.
WIN WITH VAMERS COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Gears of War 3: Epic Edition competition closes at 17:00 on Friday the 30th of September 2011. The person who provides the best submission, as judged by the Vamers staff, and who follows the competition instructions properly will be declared the winner of this competition. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be announced within 48 hours after the competition closes. Vamers will endeavour to deliver the prize within 2-6 weeks as described, however, cannot accept responsibility if the prize differs from advertisement in presentation or value. This competition is only open to residents of South Africa. Entrants under 18 years of age must seek permission from a parent or guardian before entering this competition. Entrants must be over 18 years of age or have parental consent to enter this competition. The main prize consists of: one single copy of the complete Gears of War 3: Epic Edition video game for the Xbox 360 videogame console from Microsoft with a single pair of metal COG tags, a single Gears of War 3 black ‘Locust Face’ bandanna, a single Gears of War 3 black ‘Blood Omen’ baseball cap, a single wearable Gears of War 3 grey ‘sack bag’ and a single metal Gears of War Lancer keychain for a single primary winner. Two runner-up winners will each receive: a single pair of Gears of War 3 dog tags, a single black Gears of War 3 ‘Locust Face’ bandanna, a single black Gears of War 3 ‘Vein Omen’ beanie, a single black Gears of War 3 ‘sack bag’ a and a single Gears of War Lancer themed keychain. There is no cash or prize alternative and all prizes are non-transferable. Only one grand prize winner per competition unless otherwise specified. Entrants are free to enter as many of the other competitions as they would like, however only one entry per person will be accepted in each competition. Winners use and accept prizes at their own risk. Vamers and the prize sponsors, if any, cannot be held responsible for any injury, accident or loss of property as a result of accepting and/or using the prize. Winners could be required to have their details disclosed for publication on radio, television, printed media and Internet publications. Vamers and the prize sponsors, if any, reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time and shall not be liable to entrants for any action whatsoever. Vamers reserves the right to alter competition rules or prizes at their own discretion. Alterations become effective immediately and entrants shall not have recourse against Vamers or the prize sponsors. This competition is not open to staff (or members of their immediate families) who may be associated with the Vamers website or prize sponsors. Please note: the Gears of War 3: Epic Edition is being sourced from the United States of America (USA). The game may or may not be region free. If not, we will supply the prize winner with a localised version of the standard edition version of the Gears of War 3 game along with the Gears of War 3: Epic Edition main prize, at no extra charge. The Gears of War 3: Epic Edition downloadable content may or may not be region locked. A United States of America based Xbox Live account may or may not be needed to download Gears of War 3: Epic Edition downloadable content.
- Live-Action Anthem Conviction trailer from Neill Blomkamp is mesmerising - 15 February, 2019
- Playlist: Deadpool Valentine’s Day – Best Pound Town Tunes - 14 February, 2019
- TED Talks Morning: the best way to start your day - 8 February, 2019
- Anthem Hands-on preview: 3 Reasons to Get Excited - 4 February, 2019
- Xbox Live Cross-Platform details, coming to iOS, Android & Switch - 4 February, 2019
- Jedi Hairdresser cuts hair with Laser Lightsaber - 31 January, 2019
- Xbox Games with Gold February 2019: Assassins, Bombs and Jedis - 31 January, 2019
- Florence Review: Beautiful Journey about the Complexities of Love - 30 January, 2019
- Anthem PC Specs: what do you need to run the game? - 24 January, 2019
- Anthem Demo: where and how to play before launch? - 23 January, 2019