“These attributes will impact how you survive and thrive above ground.”
A unique staple of the Fallout franchise is the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system that allows players to modify their characters stats by means of Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility and Luck; attributes that directly impact how players survive and thrive above ground in the wasteland.
Just before Fallout 4 launched, Bethesda released a weekly series of videos to initiate gamers and potential vault dwellers, on the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system. One of the stand out elements of these videos, and of course the game, is how Bethesda adopted a wonderfully retro 50s/60s aesthetic for the setting of the game. Although the game is set in 2161, taking place 84 years after the nuclear apocalypse in 2077, the futuristically retro feel does wonders for immersing players in a believable universe. The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system video series is therefore produced in black and white with a 4:3 aspect ratio, and has music, animation and a voiceover that all baby boomer’s would appreciate.
In case of an impending nuclear apocalypse, all seven videos in the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system series have been embedded below. Study them carefully to ensure your survival and to discover what makes you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019
- Medievil Review – Sir Daniel Fortesque is back with a vengeance - 23 October, 2019
- Mini Motorways Review – Engrossing traffic planner - 26 September, 2019
- Three Reasons why Nespresso is best for Gamers - 17 September, 2019
- Win Comic Con Africa 2019 Tickets with Vamers and KFC - 16 September, 2019