The Xbox One X is beginning to make its way around the world (Hans already has one), and games are slowly getting updated to put the Xbox One X to the test. We have already seen enhancements for many prominent first-party titles such as Gears of War 4 and Forza Motorsport 7 — the last of which I liked quite a lot. Now we are finally seeing updates release for many third-party titles too, like the Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Xbox One X update.
Like most PS4 Pro enhanced games, Shadow of War features unique presents for Xbox One X. Although not new, very few games actually offer these options – especially on console. That is why the Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Xbox One X enhancement patch stands out among the rest. At least for now.
The first enhanced option added by the Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Xbox One X update favours resolution over performance. It focuses on getting the most out of your fancy Ultra-High Definition 4K display, putting all textures right in the spotlight. It favours High Dynamic Range (HDR) quality ambient occlusion and other little tweaks that make the game look as pretty as possible.
The second enhanced option favours performance and quality. It focuses on a well-optimised graphical experience. The aim of this option is to make the game look as good as possible, while still delivering a solid and smooth framerate. It focuses on improving lighting and shadow conditions, increases draw distances, and increases the range that foliage is rendered around the player. Unlike pushing the game to 4K all the time, this mode will scale back the resolution to maintain performance. It has a much more aggressive dynamic scaling than the first option.
What makes things even better is that Middle-Earth: Shadow of War is an Xbox Play Anywhere title. This means that players who own the game on Xbox automatically own a Windows 10 copy as well. This is a great way for players to try the game out on both console and PC. Play Anywhere includes saving game synchronising, add-on content sharing, and universal achievements.
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War is an open-world game set in the fictional universe imagined by J.R.R. Tolkien. It is a spin-off that tells the story of a ranger who is brought back to life by the avenging spirit of an ancient Master Elf — one who helped craft the Rings of Power. In Shadow of War, the stakes are pitted against the duo when a newly crafted ring of power is taken from them. The game is available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Microsoft Windows. The Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Xbox One X enhancement patch is already available and can be downloaded for free.
- Anthem is shaping up to be the game that Bioware needs - 11 June, 2018
- 1-Month Game Pass Deal for only R5 [First Time Sign Up Only] - 11 June, 2018
- UEFA Champions League will be included in FIFA 19 - 10 June, 2018
- Battlefield V Battle Royale is real and is coming this year - 10 June, 2018
- Respawn confirms Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – arrives in 2019 - 10 June, 2018
- Madden NFL 19 will release on PC & is a part of Origins Access Premiere - 10 June, 2018
- Yarny returns in Unravel Two – Available Right Now - 10 June, 2018
- Star Wars Battlefront II Clone Wars update is coming! - 10 June, 2018
- First ever annual Sandton SPCA Variety Showcase happening in June! - 29 May, 2018
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy releases 29 June 2018 for other platforms - 29 May, 2018