Once again, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment have outdone themselves with the sheer amount of content they can push out for a single title. This time around, the lucky winner is titled Middle-earth: Shadow of War Desolation of Mordor.
In a brand new story content pack, players will step into the shoes of Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil. As the only survivor of the city’s demise, Baranor will reunite with Torvin, a Dwarven Hunter, where they will craft powerful gear. As a broken Captain, Baranor will take to hire mercenaries and build a new human army of his own to conquer an all-new desert region added to the game.
As mentioned above, the story content not only lets you play in the shoes of an entirely new character, but also introduces a brand new desert region: the Eastern Deserts of Lithlad. Lithlad has an abundance of human mercenaries ready to be hired, and Baranor will take advantage of that.
The content also introduces a new game mode, which Warner Bros. states is a “rogue-like” mode where you can play as a hero without the resurrection powers of the Ring of Power. I am uncertain whether this also extends to the Desolation of Mordor campaign, or if it is an entirely new mode altogether? After all, you will be playing a human with the Ring of Power.
That aside, Warner Bros. also detailed plans for a free update that accompanies the Desolation of Mordor release. The free update will include three major additions:
- A new Brutal difficulty setting, which features enemies that are as fast and lethal as Gravewalker difficulty. The caveat is that damage is increased greatly and Might and Wrath will fill up faster.
- You can play as Baranor in the main story campaign.
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s photo mode is getting new stickers, styles, and filters inspired by the new story content.
Desolation of Mordor is the latest story content added to the game, and is available as a separate purchase. Middle-earth: Shadow of War is available on Xbox One (with added support for Xbox Play Anywhere), PlayStation 4, and Microsoft Windows.
- Wasteland 3 – Everything we know so far - 19 June, 2019
- Everything revealed about Gears 5 at E3 2019 - 19 June, 2019
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot mimics the anime perfectly - 19 June, 2019
- Hot Toys Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider Suit) (VGM34) is a fan’s wet dream! - 14 June, 2019
- Elden Ring reveal – everything we know about the new FromSoftware title - 11 June, 2019
- Battletoads gameplay trailer promises classic beat ’em up fun - 10 June, 2019
- Spiritfarer trailer showcases beautifully drawn 2D adventure game - 10 June, 2019
- TV Shows like Game of Thrones – scratching that Westerosi itch - 10 June, 2019
- Thanks to Elon Musk, you can play Cuphead on a Tesla - 10 June, 2019
- The Savior’s Gang is the Jesus Video Game you always wanted - 10 June, 2019