In what has to be some of the most disappointing gaming news for South Africans thus far in 2014, Electronic Arts South Africa have confirmed that the critically lauded and industry award winning Titanfall will not release in South Africa next week alongside the global release of the game.
The news was announced by Electronic Arts South Africa this morning and further confirmed on the company’s official Facebook page.
The news comes as a bit of a shock given that the Vamers team, along with a host of other South African gaming journalists, friends and peers, were able to play the Titanfall beta without any problems whatsoever. In fact, and in my personal experience, I found the Titanfall beta for Xbox One to perform better online than Battlefield 4, which has local servers.
It is a pity that South African gamers will be left behind at the official launch of one of the most anticipated games of 2014. Hopefully the game will eventually be available in South Africa once the Xbox One is officially launched.
Judging by the latest news, it appears as if our competition may be one of the only ways to get your hands on the game in South Africa.
- Hot Toys Doctor Strange (MMS484) is mystifyingly handsy - 18 May, 2018
- Hot Toys Deadpool (MMS490) collectible is a sexy unicorn lover - 15 May, 2018
- Here are the winners in our Sea Of Thieves Be More Pirate Competition - 7 May, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold May 2018: Solid Snake, Baseball and Cult Classics - 1 May, 2018
- Jason Momoa confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2018 - 24 April, 2018
- These Vamers Gifs will give your gif game much needed life - 19 April, 2018
- Win With Vamers: God of War Limited Edition [PS4 Only] - 19 April, 2018
- My Spirit Animal: Kratos – What life is like living with the God of War - 19 April, 2018
- Five actors who could be Kratos in a God of War Movie - 12 April, 2018
- Sea of Thieves is like tasty grog: good, even with a hangover [REVIEW] - 11 April, 2018