In what has to be some of the most disappointing gaming news for South Africans thus far in 2014, Electronic Arts South Africa have confirmed that the critically lauded and industry award winning Titanfall will not release in South Africa next week alongside the global release of the game.
The news was announced by Electronic Arts South Africa this morning and further confirmed on the company’s official Facebook page.
The news comes as a bit of a shock given that the Vamers team, along with a host of other South African gaming journalists, friends and peers, were able to play the Titanfall beta without any problems whatsoever. In fact, and in my personal experience, I found the Titanfall beta for Xbox One to perform better online than Battlefield 4, which has local servers.
It is a pity that South African gamers will be left behind at the official launch of one of the most anticipated games of 2014. Hopefully the game will eventually be available in South Africa once the Xbox One is officially launched.
Judging by the latest news, it appears as if our competition may be one of the only ways to get your hands on the game in South Africa.
- Win with Vamers: Sea of Thieves Be More Pirate Competition - 20 March, 2018
- Support Jengo the game on Fig and be a part of the adventure - 19 March, 2018
- State of Decay 2 Collector’s Edition comes with a literal Thumb Drive - 15 March, 2018
- Jurassic World Evolution stars Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm - 15 March, 2018
- 25% PlayStation Plus Discount on 12 month membership [6 – 23 March 2018] - 13 March, 2018
- Darwin Project now available on Early Access & Game Preview - 12 March, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets on sale from 9 March 2018 - 8 March, 2018
- Buy Pure Farming 2018 and help Support the Drought Relief Fund - 8 March, 2018
- God of War Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro is gloriously gaudy - 7 March, 2018
- Applications for Comic Con Africa Artist Alley (2018) are now open - 7 March, 2018