In what has to be some of the most disappointing gaming news for South Africans thus far in 2014, Electronic Arts South Africa have confirmed that the critically lauded and industry award winning Titanfall will not release in South Africa next week alongside the global release of the game.
The news was announced by Electronic Arts South Africa this morning and further confirmed on the company’s official Facebook page.
The news comes as a bit of a shock given that the Vamers team, along with a host of other South African gaming journalists, friends and peers, were able to play the Titanfall beta without any problems whatsoever. In fact, and in my personal experience, I found the Titanfall beta for Xbox One to perform better online than Battlefield 4, which has local servers.
It is a pity that South African gamers will be left behind at the official launch of one of the most anticipated games of 2014. Hopefully the game will eventually be available in South Africa once the Xbox One is officially launched.
Judging by the latest news, it appears as if our competition may be one of the only ways to get your hands on the game in South Africa.
- South African PlayStation Black Friday 2017 Deals Revealed - 14 November, 2017
- Xbox One X UK Launch Exceeds Expectations, 80 000 consoles sold - 14 November, 2017
- Workout like a Sith with Star Wars Gym Equipment - 8 November, 2017
- Pac-Man’s Most Obvious Secret Cannot be Unseen - 8 November, 2017
- Cuphead is a Frustratingly Good Run and Gun Game [Review] - 18 October, 2017
- GLITCHED is South Africa’s newest show about Video Games - 16 October, 2017
- Nintendo Pop-Up Store + Hands-On with Super Mario Odyssey - 15 October, 2017
- Win With Vamers ALIEN DVD & ALIEN: Isolation Game Bundle - 15 October, 2017
- Star Wars Theme Sung entirely by Porgs - 12 October, 2017
- The full-length Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer is here, & it’s mind-blowing! - 10 October, 2017