The latest expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online will soon release. As such, the developers have released a riveting new trailer called Journey to Summerset, which showcases the incredible beauty of the land that players will soon explore once The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset releases.
The legendary home of the High Elves is a gorgeous and sprawling island. In it, players will get to explore “towering spires” and “vibrant gardens”, not to mention the mystical Crystal Tower! Check out the trailer below.
The expansion opens with the current queen of Summerset, Ayrenn, declaring that Summerset Isle is open for travel to all foreigners. This is the first time players have set foot on the isles since 1995 – literally two decades!
Summer Isles will add a “sizeable new area” that is said to be even larger than the area added by the last expansion, Morrowind. In the expansion players will look to the sea, where an impending Daedric attack might have something to do with the Queen’s decision to open the Isles once more. Players will journey to Summer where the mysterious story that began in The Elder Scrolls Online: Orsinium will come to a close.
One of the biggest additions to The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset is the addition of a new order. The Psijic Order is an ancient order of mages from which the Mage’s Guild was formed. This will be the first ever time players set eyes upon the order. Their ranks and exploits have been in Elder Scrolls games for as long as I can remember — colour this ol’ lore junky impressed! Bethesda states that in addition to being able to join the Order, you will also get up close and personal with their mysterious home of Artaeum.
In addition to all of that, Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset will get a new crafting discipline, the ability to craft jewellery and its associated powerful end-game gear; a new set of Player versus Environment challenges, a new 12-player trial, new bosses, dungeons, and new creatures unique to the Isles. Players will be able to take their existing characters into the Summerset expansion or create brand new ones to explore the expansion from the start.
The Elder Scrolls: Summerset will release on 5 June 2018, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Microsoft Windows.
- Frostpunk: Console Edition Review – Beautiful survival city builder - 10 October, 2019
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review – Fantastic Survivalist RPG - 4 October, 2019
- Nintendo Switch Lite Review – Crown Prince of Portable Gaming! - 3 October, 2019
- NBA 2K20 Review – Exudes potential, but misses the mark - 1 October, 2019
- Sony Alpha 7R IV Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Launched - 30 September, 2019
- FIFA 20 Review – Volta Football introduces a bright future - 27 September, 2019
- Catch the Republic of Gamers Invitational finals at Vodacom rAge 2019 - 26 September, 2019
- Play on Easy Mode? These games make fun of you if you do! - 26 September, 2019
- Five Batman Arkham settings the franchise should explore - 25 September, 2019
- Apple Arcade launch games! Here is everything you can play (so far) - 25 September, 2019