Metal Gear Survive, the first Metal Gear game that does not have acclaimed video game director Hideo Kojima attached to it, will get a second beta during February. This time, it also includes Microsoft Windows – a first for the Metal Gear Survive beta.
The first beta took place in January, for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It gave players access to a single map, with three missions and a co-op mode. Now Konami has announced that the second beta, which will take place over the weekend of 16 February 2018, will also include two maps, and a co-op mode that will support up to four players. Players can expect special daily missions during the beta as well.
All players who take part in the Metal Gear Survive beta will receive a special Fox Hound nameplate, a Metal Gear Rex head accessory, and a bandanna accessory if they decide to buy the full game. Konami also stressed that this would be the last beta before the game comes out.
The game has seen a lot of controversy due to the way Konami handled Kojima-san’s departure. After the first beta weekend, players flocked to social media to “out” how bad the game felt, and how it had no vision. Critics, however, responded in kind. It seems that a major disparity exists, and only time will tell whether the game is actually a good one or not.
The Metal Gear Survive beta for PC and consoles will kick off on 15 February 2018 and will run through to 18 February 2018.
Metal Gear Survive is a game where players must survive through waves of zombies, very similar to that of Left 4 Dead (2008). In the game, players must scavenge for supplies, upgrade their gear, and barricade their base. It is ideal to use melee weapons as efficiently as possible while also using special equipment, such as mech suits to keep the zombies at bay.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake comparison: side-by-side differences - 26 June, 2019
- The Sinking City Review – A beautiful Lovecraftian love letter - 25 June, 2019
- Twelve Minutes is an interactive thriller that traps you in a time loop - 25 June, 2019
- How to unlock The Division 2’s Gunner Specialisation - 25 June, 2019
- Battletoads design – comparing the original with the newest games - 24 June, 2019
- New Splinter Cell proves that Ubisoft has failed its fans - 24 June, 2019
- The Overwatch Cookbook brings character favourite dishes to life - 24 June, 2019
- Marvel’s Avengers superheroes we want to see in the game - 23 June, 2019
- Cyberpunk Witcher: how Cyberpunk 2077 could include the Witcher - 20 June, 2019
- Wasteland 3 – Everything we know so far - 19 June, 2019