It seems like 2018 is shaping up to be the year of the remaster. From de Blob 2 to The Raven Remastered, and even Dark Souls: Remastered, it is safe to say that no franchise is immune to being “remastered”. Jumping aboard the remaster train is Assassin’s Creed Rogue. An unlikely candidate, but very welcome.
Ubisoft have announced that the Assassin’s Creed Rogue 4K Remaster will make its way to modern consoles on 20 March 2018. The company says that Ubisoft Sofia, the same Bulgarian studio that made the original, will also work on the 4K remaster. It will run at ultra-high- 4K on both the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. The Assassin’s Creed Rogue 4K Remaster will also run in full high-definition (1080p) on the normal PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The full high-definition support may sound arbitrary, but the game ran at only 720p and lower on previous generation consoles.
In addition to support for higher resolutions, the release will also feature all downloadable content (DLC). DLC included in the remastered release includes the Master Templar and Explorer packs, as well as two bonus missions: The Armour of Sir Gunn Quest, and The Siege of Fort de Sable.
Assassin’s Creed Rogue follows the story of Shay Patrick Cormac. He is a New Yorker of Irish descent who starts out as a promising member of the brotherhood of Assassins. In a quick turn of events, Shay changes allegiance and effectively turns rogue. The story is short but crafted in such a way that makes way more sense than Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, of which it is a spin-off.
The game originally released in November 2014 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. About five months later, it released on PC to great critical acclaim. The Assassin’s Creed Rogue 4K Remaster will release 20 March 2018 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Ubisoft has not said whether a PC version will also be released anytime soon, but chances are good that it will happen.
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Review – entry-level enthusiast bliss - 6 December, 2019
- 10 International series on Showmax to end 2019 with a bang - 5 December, 2019
- Sony Alpha 9 II now available in South Africa - 5 December, 2019
- Turtle Beach 2019 festive deals ensure there is a headset for everyone - 5 December, 2019
- Fan builds custom Lightsaber Controller for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 5 December, 2019
- Buy Xbox games using Vodacom airtime – Simple and easy! - 5 December, 2019
- Top 10 Pokemon cut from Sword & Shield we will miss dearly - 5 December, 2019
- PDP Gaming 2019 festive deals offer great value for money - 5 December, 2019
- Power Rangers Beast Morphers Beast-X Megazord Review - 2 December, 2019
- No Man’s Sky: Synthesis adds fan-requested changes - 29 November, 2019