While Nintendo’s Splatoon (2015) is the most widely known “colour-splashing” game, it is not the only one. de Blob 2 has been ‘colour splashing’ its way on other consoles since 2011. Now the game is set to re-release on modern consoles, and it is coming sooner than you think.
de Blob 2 received a remastered version for PC in June 2017. It added higher resolutions, graphical options and upscaled cinematics. It even got improved anti-aliasing options. Now, that same version will make its way to Xbox One and PlayStation 4. THQ Nordic has not made mention of if the new console release will also include additional graphical upgrades.
de Blob 2 was the multi-platform sequel to de Blob, which released exclusively on the Wii. In it, supervillain Comrade Black returned once more with his diabolical plan to rid Prisma City of all of its colour. In the game, players could explore and complete platforming puzzles, all while colouring everything they touched. de Blob 2 also introduced a co-op mode in which a second player could help another in the single-player campaign. It then added a slew of split-screen multiplayer and party games. It is assumed that these features will return in the new console release. A complete list of key features provided by THQ Nordic are listed below:
- Set off on an action-packed colour adventure with 12 new single player story levels where custom paints, patterns and music bring the world to life any way you want.
- Speed smash through walls, jet jump over skyscrapers and slam squash Inkies with all new power-ups that turn you into a super Blob.
- Paint your way past icy outposts, tropical bio domes and distant space stations to free the fair citizens of Prisma City.
- Inside, outside, above the Earth and below it, Blob embarks on mini missions and epic boss battles to restore colour and music back to this rich universe.
- Recruit friends to join the colour evolution in two-player, split-screen co-op mode.
de Blob 2 will release in February 2018 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.