Dragon Ball FighterZ is shaping up to one heck of a great fighter. At least, that is how it seems. I have previously mentioned how much I am looking forward to the title, but gosh darn it, just let it release already!
In a series of new trailers, Bandai Namco is showing off three new characters who are coming to the game. One of which is a real crowd pleaser, and is none other than Gotenks! The other two characters are Kid Buu and Adult Gohan.
In the trailer, you can get a feel for the young fused Saiyan superhero. It opens with Goten and Trunks during the last part of a successful Fusion Dance. The trailer then quickly shows the Saiyan form that gamers will see in-game (that is the long-haired-no-eyebrow-powerhouse Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks).
In the Dragon Ball Z narrative that we all know and love, Gotenks had to exist in order to take down one of the most powerful characters in the series: Kid Buu. It just so happens that he will also be in the game. Seriously, this game is just getting better and better.
Right after Majin Buu was defeated, Kid Buu was born. This is the purest form of evil the heroes have ever seen. He has zero restraint and no trace of sanity. Essentially, he acts like a child, hence his name.
According to a two-page spread in Japanese magazine V-Jump, Kid Buu will have “tricky attacks” thanks to his elastic body. He also has a devastating attack called “Planet Burst”. I do not know about you, but this looks like he might be just as bad a force to contend with as he was in the anime. I really hope this is the case.
The third fighter revealed is Adult Gohan. Other than appearing in the game, we do not know much more about him. In the anime, Gohan grew up to become a formidable fighter. It is revealed during the Majin saga that Adult Gohan is the chosen warrior; the one who will save the world from doom. He is trained by Supreme Kai, where he unlocks powers that even Goku struggled with attaining.
The Dragon Ball FighterZ trailer shows Adult Gohan squaring off against Kid Buu. He uses powers as well as brawn to defeat the villain, ending it off with Goku’s favourite super: Kamehameha. Interestingly, the Adult Gohan shown does not enter his Super Saiyan form. Let us hope that it is included in the game!
In addition to the three characters, V-Jump also revealed some details about the in-game shop and Arcade mode. The game has a currency called Zeni, which is earned in battles. Thereafter, it may be used to purchase titles and character extras (like costumes). Although this is cool, it does leave the game open for dreaded microtransaction. Meanwhile, the Arcade mode will pit players against predetermined battles and enemies. Apparently the fighters encountered are determined by whether players win or lose. Sounds interesting.
Dragon Ball FighterZ is slated for worldwide release on 26 January 2018 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. Players who pre-order any version of the game will unlock Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, and Vegetta.
- Frostpunk: Console Edition Review – Beautiful survival city builder - 10 October, 2019
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review – Fantastic Survivalist RPG - 4 October, 2019
- Nintendo Switch Lite Review – Crown Prince of Portable Gaming! - 3 October, 2019
- NBA 2K20 Review – Exudes potential, but misses the mark - 1 October, 2019
- Sony Alpha 7R IV Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Launched - 30 September, 2019
- FIFA 20 Review – Volta Football introduces a bright future - 27 September, 2019
- Catch the Republic of Gamers Invitational finals at Vodacom rAge 2019 - 26 September, 2019
- Play on Easy Mode? These games make fun of you if you do! - 26 September, 2019
- Five Batman Arkham settings the franchise should explore - 25 September, 2019
- Apple Arcade launch games! Here is everything you can play (so far) - 25 September, 2019