All superheroes have a start, an origin story that has defined the kind of people that they have ultimately become. These humble and often traumatic beginnings form the basis of a series of minimalist works of art by California based artist, Khoa Ho.
The concept behind Ho’s ‘Superheroes: Past/Present’ series of posters stems from the notion that “despite trials of our past, what we choose to do moving forward is much more important”. The series features superheroes from Marvel and DC universes, namely Wolverine, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Flash, Batman and Superman, and each poster has a unique title that succinctly reflects the heritage of each portrayed character.
The striking silhouettes in Ho’s work, therefore, provide an eye catching contrast between the superheroes and the events that shaped their ‘super’ identities. As such, each poster offers a poignant reminder that some of the most popular and powerful superheroes have had very modest beginnings, which should never be forgotten and always remembered.
The full collection is embedded below.
- Fornite Monopoly is one of the best versions of the famous game - 18 December, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019