Nintendo’s newest console/handheld hybrid, the Nintendo Switch, may have just been announced, but it still has an aura of mystery to it. Like with every mystery, the truth is slowly revealed over time. It has already been revealed that the new console has more than forty third-party developers backing the device. The system’s new dock is also a little bit less feature-rich than originally thought. At least the system might be region free, which is a definite plus. Although launching in March of 2017, Nintendo is still being tightlipped regarding the list of confirmed Nintendo Switch games.
Before being announced as the Nintendo Switch, the system use to go by the codename Nintendo NX. As such, it is safe to assume that all games advertised for release on the NX, will be coming to the Nintendo Switch.
Thanks to the new console’s announcement commercial, gamers already know that Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario will be making their way to the Nintendo Switch. It was also advertised that The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, NBA2K17, and Splatoon will also be available on the console.
“We already know of these! Give us more! What other Nintendo Switch games are there?”, I hear you ask.
Thanks to the guys and girls over at WhatCulture, and through my own investigation, it seems that I may an answer for you, eager Nintendo fan and reader. Thanks to previous trailers from a number of companies, I have compiled a list of every game confirmed, or speculated to release for the Nintendo Switch thus far:
Confirmed Nintendo Switch Games
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – confirmed via the commercial
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – confirmed via the commercial
- Untitled Mario Game (Super Mario, perhaps?) – shown in the commercial
- Untitled Mario Kart (Mario Kart Switch, likely) – shown in the commercial
- Splatoon – confirmed via the commercial
- NBA 2K – shown in the commercial
- Untitled Sonic game (Sonic Switch?) – shown in the commercial
- *Just Dance 2017 – confirmed during E3 2016
- *Rise: Race the Future – confirmed during E3 2016
- Dragon Quest X & XI – confirmed in August for the Nintendo NX
- *Steamworld Heist – confirmed in a statement
Just Dance 2017 was announced onstage during the Ubisoft E3 2016 Press Conference by Aisha Tyler. It was stated that the game would “release on virtually every modern console, including the Nintendo NX”. Although Ubisoft has yet to officially confirm Aisha’s statement, it stands to reason that it is valid.
Rise: Race the Future, a Ridge Racer like game, does not have a heck of a lot of information floating around. However, there was a brief announcement video during E3 2016, and it listed the Nintendo NX as a supported console.
Image & Form Games announced that Steamworld Heist would be a Nintendo NX title shortly after the Nintendo Switch was confirmed. It is a quirky 2D platformer that originally released on the Wii U.
For the latest information about the Nintendo Switch, be sure to bookmark the console’s Vamers Game Hub.
- The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan’s Ghost Ship Dev. Diary is enlightening - 18 January, 2019
- Spider-Man: Far From Home takes place after Avengers: Endgame - 17 January, 2019
- Lenovo Smart Devices detailed for the home in 2019 - 17 January, 2019
- Lenovo Legion “gets savage” in 2019 with new gaming hardware - 16 January, 2019
- Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer reveals Mysterio, retcons Infinity War? - 16 January, 2019
- Resident Evil 2’s Leon S. Kennedy Playlist – A rookie cop’s first day on the job - 14 January, 2019
- Fallout 76 Review – An empty and irradiated husk of possibility - 14 January, 2019
- Hitman 2 Review – The very definition of insanity, in the best possible way - 14 January, 2019
- PlayStation Plus Games January 2019: Steep, Portal Knights & Amplitude - 7 January, 2019
- Playlist: Aquabro (Justice League’s Aquaman) – Fist-pumping bro tunes! - 31 December, 2018