2K Sports is hitting a proper home run this year with its popular ring-fighting game franchise, WWE. The company has just announced the WWE 2K19 Soundtrack, and it has been hand-picked by none other than the WWE stars themselves!
WWE soundtracks usually feature licenced songs. However, this is the first time that 2K permitted the WWE athletes to choose the songs on the list. Those who were fortunate enough to make the decisions include The Miz, Elias, Daniel Bryan, Ric Flair and Triple H, only to mention a few.
As you might expect, every person mentioned above has their own idea of what makes a good song. As such, some of the artists you can expect on the WWE 2K19 Soundtrack include Eminem, Fall Out Boy, Metallica, Slipknot, Rancid, Post Malone, and even AWOLNATION! A full tracklist will follow this post, but I have to admit, while I usually have no qualms with the WWE Soundtracks, this is the first time that it seems so different, that I will likely give it a listen. It is already available to stream on Apple Music, after all.
Since the announcement, many of the artists took to Twitter to reflect on what it means to be a part of the soundtrack for WWE 2K19. Rancid‘s Frank Frederikson states that it “makes perfect sense”, while Shinedown‘s Zack Meyers and Wale have stated it is an honour.
It serves as a nice way to get to grips what the game might be like once it releases on 9 October 2018… or four days earlier for fans who pre-ordered the game.
WWE 2K19 Soundtrack tracklist:
- AWOLNATION – “Passion” – Selected by Daniel Bryan
- Bullet for My Valentine – “Skin” – Selected by The Miz
- Eminem – “Survival” – Selected by AJ Styles
- Fall Out Boy – “Champion” – Selected by Alexa Bliss
- Metallica – “Spit Out the Bone” – Selected by Triple H
- Migos – “Work Hard” – Selected by Samoa Joe
- Offset and Metro Boomin – “Ric Flair Drip” – Selected by Ric Flair and Charlotte Flair
- Post Malone feat. 21 Savage – “rockstar” – Selected by Elias
- Rancid – “The 11th Hour” – Selected by Sami Zayn
- Shinedown – “DEVIL” – Selected by Baron Corbin
- Slipknot – “Override” – Selected by Seth Rollins
- Wale – “Ungrateful & Thankful” – Selected by The New Day
Junior Editor at Vamers. From Superman to Ironman; Bill Rizer to Sam Fisher and everything in-between, Edward loves it all. He is a Bachelor of Arts student and English Major specialising in Language and Literature. He is an avid writer and casual social networker with a flare for all things tech related.