Games may not be for everyone, but common ground might not be as far off as you might think. Shoes, for example, are one of the most beloved and useful fashion accessories. I mean, who does not like a good pair of ‘kicks’? Better yet, who does not like a good pair of shoes that are also based on an iconic video game character? No one. Especially not after you see these Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers.
First, there are the absolutely amazing self-tying shoes from Nike that recreate those famous time travel kicks from Back to the Future. Now, Japan has bestowed upon the world a brand new pair of red Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers. The winning comment: it is based on Sega’s famous blue mascot. Yes! For the first time, loyal fans can now buy a pair of the blue wonder’s shoes.
For 6500 Japanese Yen, or around R780 ZAR before shipping, you can grab a pair of official Anippon Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers. The shoes are available in size six and ten (US), and they are selling out fast. Before you ask, yes, they are actually unisex despite Anippon listing them as a “men’s shoe”.
The Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers are actually a way of immortalising Sonic for his 26th birthday. This is honestly a very nice gift for any big Sonic fan and will make an amazing auxiliary gift along with Sonic Mania, which released on 15 August for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Now if only these sneakers would allow us to move as fast as the blue wonder! One can dream.
- A “sound improvement plan” is next on the PUBG roadmap - 17 August, 2019
- Final Fantasy VIII Remaster tweet revives classic FF8 meme - 17 August, 2019
- New Razer Viper ambidextrous gaming mouse offers “absolute control” - 17 August, 2019
- LEGO Hidden Side adds gamification and AR to traditional block building - 16 August, 2019
- Comic Con Africa 2019 to host Business of Gaming Forum 2019 - 15 August, 2019
- Amara “The Siren” brings astral plane fighting to Borderlands 3 - 13 August, 2019
- The BFFs trailer introduces Moze, the new Borderlands 3 Gunner - 13 August, 2019
- Gears 5 ‘My Body is Ready’ achievement is a glorious nod to Reggie Fils-Aime - 13 August, 2019
- Draw Distance drops huge Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York gameplay details - 12 August, 2019
- Comic Con Africa 2019 Photo Ops are now live - 12 August, 2019