There is no denying that the aural component of entertainment media is just as important, if not more so, than its visual counterpart. Music, after all, helps to attribute ‘feeling’ to scenes (especially in movies), and even has the ability to spur movement (like in Forza Horizon 3). As such, it is really great to see that Microsoft and The Coalition have employed a Grammy and Emmy award winning composer to score the music of Gears of War 4.
Ramin Djawadi is scoring and produce the music of Gears of War 4. He is renowned for scoring some of Hollywood’s biggest hit television shows and films, including Game of Thrones, Iron Man and Pacific Rim. As such, it is rather exciting that such a credible composer is bringing his unique talent and vision to the music of Gears of War 4.
Ramin’s compositions feature unique mixes of sounds, some of which include the unmistakable sounds of iconic lancers, gnashers and voices familiar characters. These unique elements all blend together to help take the game to a whole new level.
The video below features great behind-the-scenes footage of Ramin in his element, as well as commentary from The Coalition Studio Head Rod Fergusson, Audio Director John Morgan, and Mixing Engineer Alan Meyerson. Each collaborator discusses their creative process and inspirations for the game’s diverse musical themes.
Gears of War 4 officially releases on 11 October 2016 for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC (or on 7 October 2016 for gamers with early access via the Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition).
- Bran the Broken will be at Comic Con Africa 2019 - 4 September, 2019
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Review: Fire-breathing Nostalgia - 3 September, 2019
- Lego Ideas Treehouse blooms sustainable bricks - 30 August, 2019
- LEGO Ideas Central Perk celebrates 25 years of Friends - 29 August, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint PC Specs Revealed - 29 August, 2019
- Control Review – Frustratingly Mysterious - 26 August, 2019
- Nerf MicroShots Fortnite TS Blaster Review – Pocket Sized Fun - 30 July, 2019
- The Boys Review – Exceptionally Fun Superhero Satire - 29 July, 2019
- Netflix The Witcher Trailer teases Geralt, Yennifer, Ciri & Monsters - 20 July, 2019
- Anthony Mackie confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2019 - 18 July, 2019