Every edible product in a supermarket has a label that details the ingredients and chemicals used to produce that specific item. More often than not, most people have no idea what some of the ingredients are and will agree that most sound rather unappetizing. This is especially true for ‘junk’ foods that contain ‘artificial’ chemicals for flavour and colour.
Healthy food marketers would like the public to believe that there is a vast difference between ‘natural chemicals’ and the synthetic variety that are manufactured in a laboratory.
An Australian Chemistry teacher by the name of James Kennedy hopes to change the aforementioned perception of synthetic compounds by demonstrating how the very same chemicals occur in nature.
To do so, Kennedy broke down and exhibited the chemical composition of a selection of fruits and natural food based products, such as chicken eggs. The results are nothing short of incredible and clearly showcase that nature evolves compounds, mechanisms and structures far more complicated and unpredictable than anything artificially produced in a food lab.
[Source: James Kennedy]
- Netflix The Witcher Trailer teases Geralt, Yennifer, Ciri & Monsters - 20 July, 2019
- Anthony Mackie confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2019 - 18 July, 2019
- Cyberpunk 2077 editions detailed – which is best for you? - 12 June, 2019
- Claire’s Sanctuary wants you to save the dinos in Jurassic World Evolution - 3 June, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Hot Toys collectible figures are lustworthy! - 22 May, 2019
- Watch Detective Pikachu online for free, thanks to Ryan Reynolds - 8 May, 2019
- Pair PS4/Xbox One Controllers to iPhone/iPad? NO! DOES NOT WORK! - 29 April, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Review – Whatever it takes [Spoiler Free] - 28 April, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fokof Lager VS Mortal Kombat 11 - 16 April, 2019
- Fokof Lager partners with NetherRealm for Limited Edition Mortal Kombat 11 Beer - 12 April, 2019