Every edible product in a supermarket has a label that details the ingredients and chemicals used to produce that specific item. More often than not, most people have no idea what some of the ingredients are and will agree that most sound rather unappetizing. This is especially true for ‘junk’ foods that contain ‘artificial’ chemicals for flavour and colour.
Healthy food marketers would like the public to believe that there is a vast difference between ‘natural chemicals’ and the synthetic variety that are manufactured in a laboratory.
An Australian Chemistry teacher by the name of James Kennedy hopes to change the aforementioned perception of synthetic compounds by demonstrating how the very same chemicals occur in nature.
To do so, Kennedy broke down and exhibited the chemical composition of a selection of fruits and natural food based products, such as chicken eggs. The results are nothing short of incredible and clearly showcase that nature evolves compounds, mechanisms and structures far more complicated and unpredictable than anything artificially produced in a food lab.
[Source: James Kennedy]
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019
- Medievil Review – Sir Daniel Fortesque is back with a vengeance - 23 October, 2019