Carrie (2013) is the third film adaptation of the classic 1974 Stephen King horror novel of the same name that focusses on a shy and outcast girl who unleashes telekinetic terror on her home town after being ‘pushed too far’ at her senior prom.
The film stars Chloë Grace Moretz (Kick Ass, Hugo) as the title character, Carrie White, whilst Oscar® Nominated actress Julianne Moore (Hannibal, Game Change) plays as her mother, Margaret White. The film is being directed by Kimberly Peirce (Boys Don’t Cry, The L Word).
Stephen King’s Carrie gets a new life in this remake that follows a shy and outcast teenager called Carrie White (Moretz) who discovers that she has the extraordinary ability to move objects with the power of her mind. After a series of events that see Carrie tormented by her deeply religious mother and fellow classmates, the young teen breaks down and causes mayhem and horror at her high-school prom.
Aa a fan of the original 1976 film adaptation of Carrie starring Sissy Spacek, I am looking forward to this reimagining quite a bit, especially since rumour has it that this reboot is even closer to Steven King’s novel than its predecessors.
Carrie hits South African cinemas on Friday 3rd January 2014.
- Nerf MicroShots Fortnite TS Blaster Review – Pocket Sized Fun - 30 July, 2019
- The Boys Review – Exceptionally Fun Superhero Satire - 29 July, 2019
- Netflix The Witcher Trailer teases Geralt, Yennifer, Ciri & Monsters - 20 July, 2019
- Anthony Mackie confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2019 - 18 July, 2019
- Cyberpunk 2077 editions detailed – which is best for you? - 12 June, 2019
- Claire’s Sanctuary wants you to save the dinos in Jurassic World Evolution - 3 June, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Hot Toys collectible figures are lustworthy! - 22 May, 2019
- Watch Detective Pikachu online for free, thanks to Ryan Reynolds - 8 May, 2019
- Pair PS4/Xbox One Controllers to iPhone/iPad? NO! DOES NOT WORK! - 29 April, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Review – Whatever it takes [Spoiler Free] - 28 April, 2019