If there is anything gaming needs going into 2017, it is a character based on Ariana Grande and her Dangerous Woman persona getting injected into a Japanese Roleplaying Game franchise.
The pop star teased her character on Instagram where she posted a gif with the caption: “a little peek at [Dangerous Woman] featured in [Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius]”; much to the delight of many fans.
It may come as a surprise, but Ariana Grande’s cutesy, latex-covered, and dare I say “sexy rabbit persona”, is a perfect match for the franchise. Grande added that her avatar is “the cutest thing [she has] ever seen”, and I have to be honest… it really is.
Final Fantasy has included characters similar to the Dangerous Woman avatar for as long as I can remember. From the Burmecian rat-like people in Final Fantasy IX, to the Vieran bunny-like people who first appeared in Final Fantasy Tactics; the franchise has featured many animal-human hybrid races for decades. With that said, the Dangerous Woman character will likely be a member of the latter race.
pretty lil thing holds her own in a room of men in suits ♡ 👋🏼 I'm SO so excited to finally share that I'll be featured in FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS *crying* 🌌♡ check out my character in the game, it's the cutest thing i've ever seen in my entire life and i'm so excited and in love with it i cannot contain myself. #FFBEWW 🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius is a free-to-play title for Android and iOS. It is a turn-based role-playing game that features iconic characters from previous games in the franchise. It also features a much more retro-Final Fantasy style of gameplay.
Developers Gumi and Square Enix released the game in June 2016 to western audiences. The game immediately became a hit and has raked upwards of 8-million downloads globally (as of November 2016). It really is a fun little game that is good for wasting time on – when you have the time to waste, that is.
It is unclear exactly what role Ariana Grande’s Dangerous Woman will be in the game, but I suspect that it will mostly be fan service. Only time will tell.
- Hearthstone Ushers in the Year of the Mammoth with Journey to Un’Goro - 22 March, 2017
- Roguelike indie game, Loot Rascals, has launched! - 22 March, 2017
- The First Android Wear 2.0 Device is here with the Huawei Watch 2 - 22 March, 2017
- The Huawei P10 is a Fantastic Update to the Already Impressive P9 - 22 March, 2017
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands [First Impressions] - 16 March, 2017
- Blizzard Now Accepts WoW Tokens for Subscription and Loot Payments - 10 March, 2017
- New Trailer for Holobunnies: Pause Cafe Reveals Game’s March Release Date - 10 March, 2017
- The Division Last Stand expansion and Free 1.6 Update Now Available - 10 March, 2017
- Destiny’s final update is an Age of Triumph, both in name, and for all players - 10 March, 2017
- Unable to play Horizon Zero Dawn? Here are a few cross-platform alternatives. - 8 March, 2017