It is quite clear that the team at Reed Exhibitions are working tirelessly to make Comic Con Africa 2019 one to remember. The latest star to make the cut is none other than Anthony Mackie! That is correct, Falcon – from Marvel’s Avengers movie blockbusters – will be attending this year’s event.
If you are wondering why this announcement is eliciting some feelings of deja vu, it is because Mackie was also confirmed for the 2018 show. Sadly, he ended up missing the event due to a hurricane. As such, we hope that there will not be any other natural disasters to keep the new Captain America from visiting our shores.
Most people will instantly recognise Anthony Mackie for his roles throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) as ‘The Falcon’. His appearances in the Captain America, Avengers, Black Panther and Ant-Man films has solidified his presence as an unmistakable force in Marvel’s cinematic repertoire. Even more so now that Chris Evans has passed on the mantle of Captain America to the actor.
Despite being most well-known for portraying Marvel’s Falcon, Mackie is an accomplished actor who has starred in Oscar-winning films like The Hurt Locker (2008) and Million Dollar Baby (2004), as well as critically acclaimed movies like The Adjustment Bureau (2011), 8 Mile (2002), and Half Nelson (2006). He has also recently appeared opposite Jennifer Connolly in Shelter (2014) as well as the Emmy nominated All The Way (2016). There is no doubt that Mackie is one of Hollywood’s most in demand actors; one who is able to draw upon his classically trained Juilliard School of Drama knowledge to embody and capture a plethora of characters on both the stage and screen.
Although ticket pricing has been announced, pricing on extras like ‘panel discussions’ and ‘meet and greets’ have not yet been revealed. Given that Anthony Mackie is not only popular in his own right, but he is also an actual Avenger, there is no doubt that ‘meet and greet packages’ for the actor will be made available in due course. When that happens, Vamers will report on it.
Taking place on the weekend of the 21 – 24 September 2019 at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Comic Con Africa promises to showcase all aspects of the geekosphere including, but not limited to: comic books, science fiction and fantasy related films, television series, a large range of pop culture and entertainment elements in animation, toys, gadgets, clothing, anime, manga, collectible card games, video games, webcomics, fantasy novels and so much more.
- Nerf MicroShots Fortnite TS Blaster Review – Pocket Sized Fun - 30 July, 2019
- The Boys Review – Exceptionally Fun Superhero Satire - 29 July, 2019
- Netflix The Witcher Trailer teases Geralt, Yennifer, Ciri & Monsters - 20 July, 2019
- Anthony Mackie confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2019 - 18 July, 2019
- Cyberpunk 2077 editions detailed – which is best for you? - 12 June, 2019
- Claire’s Sanctuary wants you to save the dinos in Jurassic World Evolution - 3 June, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Hot Toys collectible figures are lustworthy! - 22 May, 2019
- Watch Detective Pikachu online for free, thanks to Ryan Reynolds - 8 May, 2019
- Pair PS4/Xbox One Controllers to iPhone/iPad? NO! DOES NOT WORK! - 29 April, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Review – Whatever it takes [Spoiler Free] - 28 April, 2019