UPDATE: 20 September 2019 – Anthony Mackie has cancelled his Comic Con Africa 2019attendance due to a production delay in Budapest.
The news comes by way of the official Comic Con Africa Twitter Profile:
The news is a disappointment for many fans who wanted to meet with Falcon since the initial cancellation for the first annual Comic Con Africa. With any luck, he might finally be in attendance next year.
ORIGINAL POST: It is quite clear that the team at Reed Exhibitions are working tirelessly to make Comic Con Africa 2019 one to remember. The latest star to make the cut is none other than Anthony Mackie! That is correct, Falcon – from Marvel’s Avengers movie blockbusters – will be attending this year’s event.
If you are wondering why this announcement is eliciting some feelings of deja vu, it is because Mackie was also confirmed for the 2018 show. Sadly, he ended up missing the event due to a hurricane. As such, we hope that there will not be any other natural disasters to keep the new Captain America from visiting our shores.
Most people will instantly recognise Anthony Mackie for his roles throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) as ‘The Falcon’. His appearances in the Captain America, Avengers, Black Panther and Ant-Man films has solidified his presence as an unmistakable force in Marvel’s cinematic repertoire. Even more so now that Chris Evans has passed on the mantle of Captain America to the actor.
Despite being most well-known for portraying Marvel’s Falcon, Mackie is an accomplished actor who has starred in Oscar-winning films like The Hurt Locker (2008) and Million Dollar Baby (2004), as well as critically acclaimed movies like The Adjustment Bureau (2011), 8 Mile (2002), and Half Nelson (2006). He has also recently appeared opposite Jennifer Connolly in Shelter (2014) as well as the Emmy nominated All The Way (2016). There is no doubt that Mackie is one of Hollywood’s most in demand actors; one who is able to draw upon his classically trained Juilliard School of Drama knowledge to embody and capture a plethora of characters on both the stage and screen.
Although ticket pricing has been announced, pricing on extras like ‘panel discussions’ and ‘meet and greets’ have not yet been revealed. Given that Anthony Mackie is not only popular in his own right, but he is also an actual Avenger, there is no doubt that ‘meet and greet packages’ for the actor will be made available in due course. When that happens, Vamers will report on it.
Taking place on the weekend of the 21 – 24 September 2019 at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Comic Con Africa promises to showcase all aspects of the geekosphere including, but not limited to: comic books, science fiction and fantasy related films, television series, a large range of pop culture and entertainment elements in animation, toys, gadgets, clothing, anime, manga, collectible card games, video games, webcomics, fantasy novels and so much more.
- Fornite Monopoly is one of the best versions of the famous game - 18 December, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019