There is no denying that the news of Jason Momoa no longer attending Comic-Con Africa 2018 is disappointing. With that said, the expo has so much going for it, that the absence of one major celebrity should not deter from what is shaping up to be a really stellar event. With this in mind, Reed Exhibitions is proud to announce that Travis Fimmel, who portrays Ragnar Lodbrok on the popular television series Vikings, will be in attendance at Comic Con Africa 2018.
Although Travis Fimmel is best known for his role as the aforementioned norse seafarer in the popular History Channel series, the actor has made a move toward Hollywood blockbusters. Not only was the Australian born actor the lead in the live-action film adaptation of Blizzard’s Warcraft (2016), but he was also more recently seen in 2017’s drama Lean on Pete. Next up, the actor will be seen in Dreamland (2018) opposite Margot Robbie and thereafter in Danger Close (2019), a drama based on the real-life events at the Battle of Long Tan during the Vietnam War.
Travis Fimmel joins an already simmering pot of celebrity awesome that includes The Big Bang Theory’s Kevin Sussmen, America Gods’ Yetide Badaki and Ricky Whittle, as well as The Magicians’ Rick Worthy. Of course, actors are not the only celebrities who will be in attendance, with the likes of popular comic book artists Jenny Frison and Chris Sprouse confirmed for the expo, along with acclaimed comic writer Andy Diggle.
Although ticket pricing has been announced, pricing on extras like ‘panel discussions’ and ‘meet and greets’ have not yet been revealed. Given Travis Fimmel’s popularity, I would presume that there is a good chance that ‘meet and greet packages’ for the actor will be made available in due course. When that happens, you can bet that Vamers will report on it.
Taking place on the weekend of the 14 – 16 September 2018 at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit and International Convention Centre (KGPCICC), Comic Con Africa promises to showcase all aspects of the geekosphere including, but not limited to: comic books, science fiction and fantasy related films, television series, a large range of pop culture and entertainment elements in animation, toys, gadgets, clothing, anime, manga, collectible card games, video games, webcomics, fantasy novels and so much more. It will even have an ‘Artists’ Alley’ where “comic artists can sign autographs and sell or do free sketches”. Basically, it will have everything that makes the international versions of this exposition so popular.
- Watch Detective Pikachu online for free, thanks to Ryan Reynolds - 8 May, 2019
- Pair PS4/Xbox One Controllers to iPhone/iPad? NO! DOES NOT WORK! - 29 April, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Review – Whatever it takes [Spoiler Free] - 28 April, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fokof Lager VS Mortal Kombat 11 - 16 April, 2019
- Fokof Lager partners with NetherRealm for Limited Edition Mortal Kombat 11 Beer - 12 April, 2019
- Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines Officially Launched - 11 April, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Hot Toys 1/4th Scale Infinity Gauntlet - 11 April, 2019
- Four Xbox mascots, and their franchises, that need to be revived! - 3 April, 2019
- Xbox Games with Gold April 2019: Tech Outcasts on Ghostly Battlefronts - 2 April, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 hands-on preview: Gorgeously Gory - 1 April, 2019