Comic Con Africa takes place from 14 – 16 September 2018 at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit and International Convention Centre in Midrand, Johannesburg.
VS Gaming and Reedpop have announced that tickets to the event will be available in two phases, both of which are based on a first-come-first-served basis. There is limited availability for all tickets and each phase will remain open until all tickets are sold out. So it is best to get your tickets as soon as possible!
- FRIDAY – General Admission 1 Day (Launch) – R120,00
- SATURDAY – General Admission 1 Day (Launch) – R120,00
- SUNDAY – General Admission 1 Day (Launch) – R120,00
- General Admission for the three days – R300,00
Once phase one has sold out, phase two tickets will go on sale.
- FRIDAY – General Admission 1 Day (Launch) – R150,00
- SATURDAY – General Admission 1 Day (Launch) – R150,00
- SUNDAY – General Admission 1 Day (Launch) – R150,00
- General Admission for the three days – R350,00
It must also be noted that these tickets do not include additional add-ons such as autograph or panel sessions. According to Reedpop, these will be made available once the talent and guest line up has officially been confirmed. There will also be unique ‘Hospitality’ and ‘VIP packages’, which will be made available at a later stage. Lastly, the Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC) packages for the Comic Con Africa LAN will only be available from May 2018.
Personally, I think that the pricing is reasonable. It is about on par with other geek enthused expositions that have occurred in the past, namely rAge.
What do you think? Are you ready to dive in, or would you like to find out more before you do? Let us know in the comments.
Owner, founder and editor-in-chief at Vamers, Hans has a vested interest in geek culture and the interactive entertainment industry. With a Masters degree in Communications and Ludology, he is well read and versed in matters relating to video games and communication media, among many other topics of interest.