iPhone owners know that Apple’s devices do not have the option of additional physical storage via SD Cards etc. Despite this, Apple still offers devices with 16 GB of storage, a measly figure given today’s High Definition pictures and videos. As such, many iPhone customers usually opt for the more expensive mid (32 Gb – 64 GB) or high-cost (128 GB) storage variants. However, given the cost of the devices, many people still enter the market with a 16 GB iDevice. Those who do know all to well the woes of “low storage space”.
One would think that Apple’s iCloud offering, would be a decent compromise. Sadly, it really is not and Google has taken notice. Enter Google and Google Photos.
With an unlimited storage option (for 16-Megapixel or smaller photos) and a very generous 15 GB free option for bigger photos, it really is a no-brainer. As a long-time 16 GB iPhone owner, one must adapt to the art of cloud storage. For instance, I personally have Dropbox, Google Photos, and iCloud setup in order to maximise my 16 GB of storage.
With a happy-go-lucky ad, Google has effectively highlighted every single PG-13 scenario where full storage could not have worse timing. The video scrolls though all of the differing scenarios to Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody… and is it brilliant.
The advert also introduces a brand new feature for Google Photos called Free Up. This deletes all photos stored locally on the device that have already been uploaded onto the Google servers; freeing up space for more photos. Thanks Google.
- Grid Review – Glorious Rubber Burning Arcade Racer - 17 October, 2019
- Ultimate Ears Boom 3 and Megaboom 3 Review – Portable Speaker Kings - 16 October, 2019
- Frostpunk: Console Edition Review – Beautiful survival city builder - 10 October, 2019
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review – Fantastic Survivalist RPG - 4 October, 2019
- Nintendo Switch Lite Review – Crown Prince of Portable Gaming! - 3 October, 2019
- NBA 2K20 Review – Exudes potential, but misses the mark - 1 October, 2019
- Sony Alpha 7R IV Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Launched - 30 September, 2019
- FIFA 20 Review – Volta Football introduces a bright future - 27 September, 2019
- Catch the Republic of Gamers Invitational finals at Vodacom rAge 2019 - 26 September, 2019
- Play on Easy Mode? These games make fun of you if you do! - 26 September, 2019