The next generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft are launching ‘across the world’ next month. As such, the two gaming giants have started promoting their new consoles, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One respectively.
Sony’s latest advertisement drops the nostalgia and declares, front and center, that the PlayStation 4 is the “Best Place to Play”. The advertisement attempts to legitimise this claim by showcasing a myriad of games that are coming to the console, between which choice quotes from gaming media have been spliced.
The advertisement clearly showcases some of the PlayStation 4’s exclusive titles, such as Knack, Driveclub, Killzone: Shadow fall, Infamous: Second Son and The Order: 1886, among others. It also focuses on the systems multiplatform titles that have timed exclusive downloadable content, like Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag.
It is worth noting that the only ‘big studio’ exclusives that will be available at launch are Killzone: Shadowfall and Knack. Other titles, namely Driveclub, Infamous: Second Son and Watch Dogs, are suggested to arrive within the PlayStation 4’s “launch window” – so anytime from the launch of the console until the end of March 2014.
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019
- Medievil Review – Sir Daniel Fortesque is back with a vengeance - 23 October, 2019