That is the message for a new ‘viral’ advertising campaign that is being broadcast by Metro Trains in Melbourne, Australia.
Dumb Ways To Die features a catchy tune, easily remembered lyrics and, most interestingly, a series of cutesy monsters dying in ‘dumb’ ways.
The advertisement is quite effective. Not only did it gain the attention of traditional news media, but it has also, in less than two weeks, become one of the most popular videos on YouTube and already has its own parody. The Dumb Ways To Die song can even be purchased through iTunes or downloaded for free through SoundCloud.
I personally believe that SANRAL (South African National Roads Agency) should use the Melbourne Metro rail advertisement as inspiration and embark on a unique and eye-opening campaign in order to help curb the number of unnecessary pedestrian deaths on South African roads. However, the focus should not be on the driver, but on the pedestrians themselves. People need to know that being hit by a car while crossing a motorway, for example, is a very dumb way to die. Rather take the stairs or a bridge. It may take longer, but you will avoid a dumb death.
- Cyberpunk 2077 editions detailed – which is best for you? - 12 June, 2019
- Claire’s Sanctuary wants you to save the dinos in Jurassic World Evolution - 3 June, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Hot Toys collectible figures are lustworthy! - 22 May, 2019
- Watch Detective Pikachu online for free, thanks to Ryan Reynolds - 8 May, 2019
- Pair PS4/Xbox One Controllers to iPhone/iPad? NO! DOES NOT WORK! - 29 April, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Review – Whatever it takes [Spoiler Free] - 28 April, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fokof Lager VS Mortal Kombat 11 - 16 April, 2019
- Fokof Lager partners with NetherRealm for Limited Edition Mortal Kombat 11 Beer - 12 April, 2019
- Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines Officially Launched - 11 April, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Hot Toys 1/4th Scale Infinity Gauntlet - 11 April, 2019