With Sony’s PlayStation 4 launch just weeks away, the Japanese consumer electronics company has released a new and nostalgia driven commercial.
“For The Players Since 1995” is an advertisement that takes a look at PlayStation history by revisiting some of the old games and experiences that have helped shape and define the PlayStation brand over the last 18 years.
For those, like myself, who have experienced each separate hardware installment in the PlayStation franchise, from the original PlayStation through to the upcoming PlayStation 4, the new advertisement is sure to strike a sense of gaming nostalgia.
The advertisement is beautifully shot and is filled with loads of little touches that give it a great cinematic quality, like the changing video aspect ratio to reflect the change from square cathode ray tube televisions to widescreen high definition liquid crystal displays. Enjoy!
- 8 Long Press Tips for Safari on iOS that will change the way you web surf - 11 July, 2018
- Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker Dark Side version is a Sith Lord masterpiece - 6 July, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold July 2018: Cacti, Squares, Fighters & Splinter Cell - 5 July, 2018
- Jurassic World Evolution bites off more than it can chew [Review] - 25 June, 2018
- Halo Infinite teaser hints at what is to come for Master Chief - 11 June, 2018
- E3 2018 Press Conference Times and Where to Watch (South Africa) - 9 June, 2018
- Confirmed List of Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaurs – something for everyone - 7 June, 2018
- Frontier is giving away a gorgeous Jurassic World Xbox One X at E3 2018 - 7 June, 2018
- Big Bang Theory’s Kevin Sussmen confirmed for Comic-Con Africa 2018 - 7 June, 2018
- Rush Esports 2018: Venue, Event and Tournament Information - 2 June, 2018