With Sony’s PlayStation 4 launch just weeks away, the Japanese consumer electronics company has released a new and nostalgia driven commercial.
“For The Players Since 1995” is an advertisement that takes a look at PlayStation history by revisiting some of the old games and experiences that have helped shape and define the PlayStation brand over the last 18 years.
For those, like myself, who have experienced each separate hardware installment in the PlayStation franchise, from the original PlayStation through to the upcoming PlayStation 4, the new advertisement is sure to strike a sense of gaming nostalgia.
The advertisement is beautifully shot and is filled with loads of little touches that give it a great cinematic quality, like the changing video aspect ratio to reflect the change from square cathode ray tube televisions to widescreen high definition liquid crystal displays. Enjoy!
- Confirmed Cross-Play Games for Xbox, PlayStation & Nintendo - 18 January, 2019
- Sony WH-1000XM3 Headphones Now Available in South Africa - 15 January, 2019
- Playlist: Into the Spider-Verse’s Kingpin – A Sinisterly Poignant Villain - 17 December, 2018
- Belkin Valet Charge Dock Review: Sophisticated Apple Watch Charger - 14 December, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold December 2018: Never Alone in Dragon Age - 1 December, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Post-Credits scene? Yes, there is one. - 29 November, 2018
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia 2018 - 11 November, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold November 2018: Race the Sun to the Battlefield - 1 November, 2018
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman Playlist – Music that will make you Purr - 22 October, 2018
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018