Apocalypse is the main antagonist in X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) and is by far the most complex X-Men villain to come out of the 80s line-up of characters. What makes Apocalypse so special you may ask? For starters, En Sabah Nur is the oldest known mutant in the Marvel Universe. In fact, he is stated to be the world’s first mutant. His power is untold and for generations he manipulated the Marvel Universe. What makes me so excited about Apocalypse being the main villain is the entourage that surrounds him: a group of mutants who are known in the Marvel Universe as the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse.
Apocalypse bestows four mutants with abilities beyond their own original mutations, which makes them formidable opponents. The Four Horsemen, as in biblical lore, are Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence. As the lore continues, when a place is visited by the Four Horesemen, the Apocalypse is likely to follow. In this iteration, the four horsemen are: Magneto (as War), Storm (as Famine), Angel aka Archangel (as Death), and Psylocke (as Pestilence).
The fact that Archangel and Psylocke are in this movie makes me giddy. Introducing Psylocke is something many fans have been waiting for, and pairing her with comic book love interest Angel is just the sweet icing on this cake. Hopefully, we will see the romantic pairing in the movie.
Another thing I am hoping for is that Apocalypse’s genetic manipulations will at least have some indication that Mr Sinister will follow (or at least be hinted at). Mr Sinister himself is another complex villain, and his inclusion would be significant for his connection to Jean Grey and Cyclops. This then leads on to Cable (Nathaniel “Nate” Summers), who will make his debut in the next Deadpool movie – at this point, my incoherent babbling should be an indication of how excited I am for this movie!
- Official Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald teaser trailer - 14 March, 2018
- The New Mutants trailer offers cinematic glimpse of The Demon Bear Saga - 14 February, 2018
- Stranger Things X Ariana Grande is a super sexy synth pop mashup - 14 February, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them [Review] - 24 November, 2016
- Wolverine is back for one last ‘Hurrah’ in New Trailer for Logan (2017) - 26 October, 2016
- Initial Thoughts on Pokémon Go [First Play] - 11 July, 2016
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) Teaser Trailer - 14 June, 2016
- New Gameplay & PS VR Support Revealed for Final Fantasy XV at E3 - 14 June, 2016
- X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) [Review] - 7 June, 2016
- Revelations from X-Men: Apocalypse - 31 May, 2016