Pokémon was a large part of my childhood. I used to actively watch the television series and play the Nintendo and Trading Card Games (TCG). As an adult I still partake in both latter mentions, but in a more sporadic nature than before. Never the less, my interest in all things Pokémon is still prevalent.
For those who do not know Nintendo recently launched the 3DS XL – the super sized variant of the original 3DS portable game console. As is expected with every new release of a Nintendo console, a Pokémon edition has been announced.
The Pikachu 3DS XL is emblazoned with an adorable rendition of everyones favourite yellow pocket monster, Pikachu. There is, however, a tiny blemish on this otherwise great looking collectible item.
The image of Pikachu is superimposed on the 3DS XL in such a way that the camera lenses make it look like Pikachu has nipples. Unfortunately, it is one of those things that cannot be unseen.
Unlike most Pokémon edition consoles, the Pikachu 3DS XL is available outside of Japan and retails for between R1999 and R2500 (US $239) and is set for release on the 15th September 2012.
- 8 Long Press Tips for Safari on iOS that will change the way you web surf - 11 July, 2018
- Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker Dark Side version is a Sith Lord masterpiece - 6 July, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold July 2018: Cacti, Squares, Fighters & Splinter Cell - 5 July, 2018
- Jurassic World Evolution bites off more than it can chew [Review] - 25 June, 2018
- Halo Infinite teaser hints at what is to come for Master Chief - 11 June, 2018
- E3 2018 Press Conference Times and Where to Watch (South Africa) - 9 June, 2018
- Confirmed List of Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaurs – something for everyone - 7 June, 2018
- Frontier is giving away a gorgeous Jurassic World Xbox One X at E3 2018 - 7 June, 2018
- Big Bang Theory’s Kevin Sussmen confirmed for Comic-Con Africa 2018 - 7 June, 2018
- Rush Esports 2018: Venue, Event and Tournament Information - 2 June, 2018