Although not forged in the heart of a dying star, this version of Mjölnir is by no means any less fantastic.
Tony Swatton, a master swordsmith, has made a name for himself by crafting superb ‘real world’ recreations of weapons from video games, movies and television.
To coincide with the release of Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Swatton took it upon himself to literally forge Asgard’s illustrious hammer.
The result is truly sublime and is most definitely a show piece that I would, if I could afford it, absolutely adore to purchase and put on display. Until then, this Mjölnir Bookend will have to do.
Enjoy this Thorsday by watching Swatton, in all of his artisanal glory, as he masterfully crafts the legendary Mjölnir in an episode of his excellent ‘Man At Arms‘ video series.
[Source: Man At Arms]
- Mini Motorways Review – Engrossing traffic planner - 26 September, 2019
- Three Reasons why Nespresso is best for Gamers - 17 September, 2019
- Win Comic Con Africa 2019 Tickets with Vamers and KFC - 16 September, 2019
- Borderlands 3 PC Specs Revealed: how does your PC fair? - 10 September, 2019
- Bran the Broken will be at Comic Con Africa 2019 - 4 September, 2019
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Review: Fire-breathing Nostalgia - 3 September, 2019
- Lego Ideas Treehouse blooms sustainable bricks - 30 August, 2019
- LEGO Ideas Central Perk celebrates 25 years of Friends - 29 August, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint PC Specs Revealed - 29 August, 2019
- Control Review – Frustratingly Mysterious - 26 August, 2019