Although not forged in the heart of a dying star, this version of Mjölnir is by no means any less fantastic.
Tony Swatton, a master swordsmith, has made a name for himself by crafting superb ‘real world’ recreations of weapons from video games, movies and television.
To coincide with the release of Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Swatton took it upon himself to literally forge Asgard’s illustrious hammer.
The result is truly sublime and is most definitely a show piece that I would, if I could afford it, absolutely adore to purchase and put on display. Until then, this Mjölnir Bookend will have to do.
Enjoy this Thorsday by watching Swatton, in all of his artisanal glory, as he masterfully crafts the legendary Mjölnir in an episode of his excellent ‘Man At Arms‘ video series.
[Source: Man At Arms]
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019
- Medievil Review – Sir Daniel Fortesque is back with a vengeance - 23 October, 2019