Since the dawn of Pokémon in 1997, fans have longed for two things: a live-action movie and a role-playing game in the vein of Kameo or Skyrim. Alas, a decade and a half has passed and we still find ourselves with 8-bit Pokémon videogames and cell animated movies. However, courtesy of the glorious creativity of fans and the wide expanse of the Internet, we can let the limitless possibilities of our imagination run wild with the fan-made awesomeness of Pokémon Apokélypse.
Made by MegaSteakMan films on YouTube, this trailer for a live-action Pokémon movie features the same gritty and dark edge associated with movies like Christopher Nolan’s recent Batman Trilogy and Brian Singer’s up-and-coming Superman reboot. It also uses the original 151 Pokémon as a base and features all of the primary characters that long time fans of the series will remember, such as Misty, Professor Oak, Brock and, the duo we love to hate, Jesse and James from Team Rocket.
Seemingly taking the best of Pokémon in Real Life and Pikachu on Acid, the Pokémon Apokélypse fan made trailer is pretty fantastic. Needless to say, I would most certainly watch a Pokémon movie made in this way.
Maybe Nintendo will, one day, pay attention to the needs of older Pokémon fans. Until then, check out the Pokémon Apokélypse trailer below.
- Three Reasons why Nespresso is best for Gamers - 17 September, 2019
- Win Comic Con Africa 2019 Tickets with Vamers and KFC - 16 September, 2019
- Borderlands 3 PC Specs Revealed: how does your PC fair? - 10 September, 2019
- Bran the Broken will be at Comic Con Africa 2019 - 4 September, 2019
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Review: Fire-breathing Nostalgia - 3 September, 2019
- Lego Ideas Treehouse blooms sustainable bricks - 30 August, 2019
- LEGO Ideas Central Perk celebrates 25 years of Friends - 29 August, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint PC Specs Revealed - 29 August, 2019
- Control Review – Frustratingly Mysterious - 26 August, 2019
- Nerf MicroShots Fortnite TS Blaster Review – Pocket Sized Fun - 30 July, 2019